This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boyfriend's band hits the studio!

My boyfriend is the vocalist of the Queens, NY based indie deathcore band For We Are Many. Monday they go to the recording studio to start recording their EP.

When I went to see my BF in March I got to sit in on a practice session. It was awesome! Too bad I won't be able to be there when they record.

Here's a video from YouTube of them live:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEePM...e_gdata_player

That video is from last November when they were known as Awaiting Autumn. The bassist in the vid has since quit and has been replaced by a friend of the band for the EP.

I'm not sure how easy their Facebook page is to find but I will gladly share it if you send me a PM.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

I really, really wish I could look at videos! I think I'm too old to understand the term "indie deathcore".
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Simple. They are yet to be signed to a label and they perform heavy heavy metal. :P
      You're awesome Food Lady. Did you like them on Facebook? I know I've posted the link on my wall several times recently.

Comment

I honestly don't remember, hon. Usually if it's a link to youtube disregard because I won't be able to look at it. And why am I awesome?

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I really, really wish I could look at videos! I think I'm too old to understand the term "indie deathcore".
          I'm tryin' to figure it out myself & I'm a musician!

Good luck to your BF d_w,it's a tough business,I know.
          Some musicians like to work in the studio,others hate it.
          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

You're awesome just because you are. ^_^

Thanks Freddie.

Comment

I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                I'm tryin' to figure it out myself & I'm a musician! Good luck to your BF d_w,it's a tough business,I know.
                I think it has a lot to do with how high-profile you want to be. My brother's boss has several bands, all very local, and a pizza place for family-supporting purposes. I don't think he cares about being world-famous. I don't know about my bro. When he was a kid he had the big dreams, but at this point his life is pretty simple, and he seems content. I think being a musician is different than being in the business, and some people fit both those categories, some are just in one camp or the other.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady
                  I think it has a lot to do with how high-profile you want to be. My brother's boss has several bands, all very local, and a pizza place for family-supporting purposes. I don't think he cares about being world-famous. I don't know about my bro. When he was a kid he had the big dreams, but at this point his life is pretty simple, and he seems content. I think being a musician is different than being in the business, and some people fit both those categories, some are just in one camp or the other.
                  Oh they want to be signed. And they may soon as they have enough connections in the Queens metal community. They just wanted to go ahead and record their EP. My BF has already started working on the lyrics to their next album (which will be full length).

Gods I'm stoked. Lol. 2 days! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                  X