Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad told me about a co-worker of my uncle's. It seems she had what she at first thought was a pimple on her face which kept increasing in size. The doctor couldn't figure out what it was so he told her to put a hot washcloth on her face when she got home. So she did and when she took the washcloth on her face there were tiny spiders crawling on her. A spider must have gotten in and laid eggs in her skin. She ended up having to have counseling because it (understandably) freaked her out so much.

Comment

My grandmother is a very superstitious woman. She wont sit at a table with 13 people, she wont throw out eggshells unless they are crushed up, and a whole host of others that just dont make any sense to me.

When I was about 3 or 4 I was sleeping over at her house (as i often did) and a moth flew into the room. I asked my nan to kill the moth and she told me the following:

"moths are servants of the devil. if you kill a moth the devil will come take your soul"

I know she didnt mean anything malicious by it, but to this day (35 yrs later) I still have a paralytic fear of moths.
      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

When I was child I was told that there were satanists that worshiped at a place called The 7 Bridges. Apparently, the area had 7 bridges when you drove one way but only 6 when you turned around and drove the other way. Also, there is an abandoned house that switched sides of the road.

Anyway, when I was a teenager my boyfriend and I along with another couple drove out to see if it was true. I swear what I am about to tell you is 100% truth. As we drove over the third bridge a figure appeared out of nowhere in front of the car wearing a black cloak with a black hood and a gold medallion. There is no way on earth we could avoid hitting him. The other girl and I screamed and the guys looked at us like we just went plain nuts and asked what the heck we were screaming about. They didn't see a thing, but her and I both saw the same exact thing.

I was so terrified that my boyfriend had to carry me into my house and explain to my mother that he didn't do anything to hurt me, (which was obvious by the way I was clinging to him) but something scared the holy hell out of me. I was 16 years old and slept with my mother for 2 nights in row to get over the terror of that night.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
        X