This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night's full moon. (Pic heavy)

It was amazing to see so I had to take some pictures of it (plus it gave me a good excuse to play with the settings on my camera!).

Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Love the last three.

Were they through a telescope with a moon filter? Or was it just the camera?

Comment

Just the camera.

Sony DSC HX100V

It was either a bright and blurry moon with clouds or a clear moon with no clouds.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Those pictures are awesome! Thank you for sharing them.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Nice pictures!

Full Moon Bad!!! I can't/don't sleep well during full moon. Too bright I guess.

Sockpuppet

Comment

So cool. Now do the sun!
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oooo. Pretty. All of a sudden I wanna howl. :P
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                So cool. Now do the sun!
                My old telescope has a sun filter, I'm sure I could get an attachment for the telescope and camera.

As a child I learned (the hard way) how dangerous that is. I was looking at the sun (I was smart enough to use the sun filter) but I had to change lenses and I didn't want to lose the sun so I left the telescope pointed. Next thing I knew I had a laser coming out of the other end that slightly burned my hand.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I love when there's a perfect curtain of misty clouds over the moon and you get an actual rainbow-aura around it. Never have gotten a picture of that though.
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

The second one looks like a sun pic!
                    Nice-- and somehow you managed to ditch the stars??
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                      Nice-- and somehow you managed to ditch the stars??
                      That probably wasn't intentional. When you have a predominate light source in a picture, all minor sources become underexposed. Taking a picture within a saturated low level light source (city/town lights) will also affect it as well. The High definition pictures of Apollo 11 had the same effect. So much light was being reflected off the lunar surface that the stars (which are relatively low light) were blacked out.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I live in a bright area at night so we don't see many stars to begin with.

Plus, even if you could see them I'm sure the clouds would have blocked most of them.

Now to only figure out how to get the quality of the moon in the last 3 with the clouds - suggestions form the photographers here? Long exposure? Low ISO?
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I've seen it done, but I have no idea how it was done. The clouds serve as a sort of filter as well as additional reflection.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Very pretty.

Comment

Working...
                            X