This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babysitting Kracken

I have been babysitting this beauty for the past week. Sadly I have to give him back tomorrow. Just thought I would share.

Sockpuppet
    Last edited by Lurking Sockpuppet; 08-14-2011, 01:26 AM. Reason: Fixing typo in title

I love love love snakes! Can I steal it before you have to give it back?

Comment

Speakin' of snakes,we saw this guy yesterday:

don't worry,I grabbed him & pulled him out,we didn't run him over
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Two very beautiful critters!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Maybe put a snake warning on the title? I'm not afraid of these pretty guys (gal?), but others might be all OMG O_O when it pops up.
          *finger-pets Kraken* :3
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Hey Freddie, what kind is that?
            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
              Maybe put a snake warning on the title? I'm not afraid of these pretty guys (gal?), but others might be all OMG O_O when it pops up.
              *finger-pets Kraken* :3

I confess, I went a little OMG. Sowwies.

My bf once saw a really long black snake disappearing under his neighbor's house...
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                My bf once saw a really long black snake disappearing under his neighbor's house...
                My mom and I were coming back from a walk once when I was a kid and had to stop because a king snake was stretched all the way across the dirt road in front of us, just trucking along from the bushes on one side into the bushes on the other.

And in other news, my dad was preparing to go to work one evening when he opened the front door, stepped onto the porch, and reached back to pull the door closed behind him -- and found a thick black snake, looking fairly calm under the circumstances, wound around the door handle.

And also, it used to annoy my mother when she'd be cleaning and discover a snake skin under the couch, or stretched out on the living room floor.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

We had an Eastern kingsnake or two around, which my mom freaked out about. After doing some research, we ended up finding out they're typically considered an easy beginner's snake, very gentle and curious. Which fits, the ones we saw were all extremely chill.

Supposedly they can be wild caught and readily tamed; so much so that a snake loving friend admitted his very first pet snake was one, hand caught at the age of 3.
                  "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                  - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately I have to live by the concept that if I see a snake, it will have to ability to kill me in a matter of minutes.
                    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                      Hey Freddie, what kind is that?
                      It's a bull snake,harmless & extremely common in the US.It's one of the biggest snakes in North America,I've seen 'em get to 6 feet,that guy was only about 4.
                      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X