This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post

Ugh. Doctors have no FUCKING clue what medications can cost. They just write the script, often snowed by pharmacy reps who give them goodies and free trips to encourage them to write for Latest Greatest Drug when Good Old Standby would do just as well. They justify this to themselves by handing out free samples to patients, thinking "well, I'm saving them money by giving them the first few doses free." But it's not cheaper if the medication is Ungodly Expensive.
    It's also not necessarily better because it's more expensive. I have learned to ask up front at an urgent care if they intend to prescribe Ztab if I am diagnosed with Strep (assuming I'm in for a sore throat). If they say yes, I'll walk out and go to the next clinic. Amoxicillin is $5 for me with insurance, Ztab is $40 with insurance. The last time I used Ztab I had to go back after a week to get a new prescription because it didn't cure the strep, I have never needed a second prescription for Amoxicillin. So please, just give me the Amoxicillin I know works and stop the BS about how "superior" Ztab is.
    Now, I just need to find a place that will prescribe Codeine cough suppressant if I go in with bronchitis, rather than benzonatate, which does absolutely nothing for me other than drain my wallet. Oh, and medical research confirms that it does absolutely jack shit nothing for an upper respiratory infections, so seriously, just give me the codeine that we both know will actually work and stop with the cough suppressant intended for lower lung infections and hope that it placebos my cough away.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Unfortunately if you ask for that stuff they tend to think you're a drug seeker.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

"Knock, knock"

--- Who's there?

HIPAA.

---HIPPA who?

I can't tell you that.
        I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
        - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Working...
        X