This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dressing room

This one friday I walked by a sc talking to another sc. She was getting loud so I could hear their conversation. Apparently Wednesday the sc was shopping at 8:55 (store closes at 9) and was trying on clothes when she heard the sales girl say ' omg who threw all these clothes on the floor as soon as we are closing' well that just was not okay with the sc as the associate should be glad to clean up any mess because if it wasn't for people making a mess she wouldn't have a job.

most people that work at night were associates that had full time jobs or students. Nobody wants to be stuck in the store an hour after closing cleaning up. Especially since at 8:55 the customer is called to checkout and shouldn't be trying on clothes anyway. maybe if she had her behind at the register or heading outside she wouldn't have heard all that 'offensive' talk

Yeah that's total BS. People who buy things are the reason she has a job. There is absolutely no reason to throw clothes on the floor. Slobs do that.

Ugh don't you hate people some days?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This happened all the time at my former (YAY!) job. After the holidays, we had "winter hours' so we closed an hour earlier during the week. However, as is always the case, we were not allowed to tell customers we were closing, and if they wanted to stay and shop, we had to let them.

One evening, of course the one I had to stay with the manager, we had a customer, actually two, at closing. I locked the doors, and the hubby of one then tried to come in. I let him in, and he immediately told his wife we were closed. She took what she had, apoloized, and asked us to put it on hold, and she'd come back.

Second one? continue to shop for FIFTY minutes after closing, knowing we were closed, while i ran trying to put the stuff away as she was done trying it on. she did buy a lot, but only one things, lets say pants. She told us if she had needed tops too we'd have been there until Midnight! really? i think not. But she was very rude nad entitles.

Comment

people leave so much nasty stuff in the fitting room. i think they mistake it for the bathroom. Ive had pads, adult diapers, childrens diapers, crap in the form of both diarrhea and turds and urine found in fitting rooms.

Comment

Quoth minkysmom View Post
          people leave so much nasty stuff in the fitting room. i think they mistake it for the bathroom. Ive had pads, adult diapers, childrens diapers, crap in the form of both diarrhea and turds and urine found in fitting rooms.
          We had to remove the small wastebaskets in ours as someone PEED in one. We weren't sure if it was a child, or not, but even so we HAVE a customer bathroom. We also had someone sh*t in there, for which they called a hazmat clean up company to deal with. GROSS.

Comment

I've heard people tell their children "Just throw it on the ground. It's their job to put it away". I've also said something to those people (not when I was working, haha). they always act so shocked when I tell them it's not the employees who are the problem, it's the customers who are too lazy to put something back on the shelf where they find them. Now that I don't work retail at all, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut.

Yesterday, I saw a lady take a stuffed animal away from her baby and toss it on a shelf behind some chips. I retrieved it and chased her down saying "Excuse me! You dropped this over there". She said "Oh I didn't want it, the employees will put it away", so I said "You gave this to your kid, let them chew on it and get it all wet and germy and you're not even going to buy it? You're just going to leave it there, all wet and slobbery like that? That's disgusting".

She snatched it from me and walked away. Hopefully I shamed her into buying it :P

Comment

You know, I could understand people leaving things draped over a chair or a bench, or even on the wrong shelf; it's still not right, but it makes a kind of sense.

But throwing stuff ON THE FLOOR?? Who does that?? Is that what they do at home? Ughh!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth minkysmom View Post
                the associate should be glad to clean up any mess because if it wasn't for people making a mess she wouldn't have a job.
                This is sadly what a lot of people believe. It's been really deeply engrained that people in the service industry are there to quite literally do anything and everything, and should be damn happy to do it. It's easy to shoot this idea down, at least at my work. I have yet to actually be able to say this, but here's what I have said to friends:

"If we didn't have to spend so much time cleaning up after the customers, we could spend our time helping them."

Because people still come to my store and want in depth help and advice. And guess what? We almost never have enough people to help them. But if people didn't go "oooh, shiny!" and freaking wreak all our displays, maybe less hours would be allocated to recovery, and more to customer service. Just saying.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

We don't really get that much around our way. You get a card/plastic tag showing how many items you have when you go in, and everything gets counted out when you're done. If you come out with less than you went in with you get a nice chat with the boys in blue.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

My customers serm not to understand why we arent always readily available to help them. Because I'm cleaning up the tee shirts you just had to try on in every single color in every single size. Just yesterday some lady left her dirty underwear laying on the fitting room floor right where she stepped out of them. If they were going to be in that state of uncleanliness she could have been decent enough to put them in her purse and dispose of them.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      You know, I could understand people leaving things draped over a chair or a bench, or even on the wrong shelf; it's still not right, but it makes a kind of sense.

But throwing stuff ON THE FLOOR?? Who does that?? Is that what they do at home? Ughh!
                      Yes, that's exactly what they do at home. Have you been married
                      Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 06-26-2015, 12:01 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote tag
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I must be weird. I've actually put clothes back on a hanger after trying them on.

Comment

Quoth blondescales View Post
                          I must be weird. I've actually put clothes back on a hanger after trying them on.
                          "You're really weird."
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            "You have no idea."

Comment

Working...
                            X