Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sapphire Silk gets lost even when her GPS is reading her the instructions.

From the right lane, turn right ahead.

*SS gets into the left turn lane*

I watched her do this just this last weekend.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

This was one of the advantages of working at a gas stations AND being a pizza delivery driver in the same area. Sometimes truckers would ask for directions to a particular place in the industrial area just south of gas station.

It astonished them when I gave them turn by turn, actual distance street by street directions even going so far as to describe the building and where to turn for the shipping docks.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I can get lost in an empty room. My sense of direction is awful. I was able to sort of cope in my home town, as you could always see the mountains, and knew they were due west. South meant Mountains on the Right, north meant Mountains on the West. Now I live in Denver, and due to our skyscrapers, you can't always see the mountains. I had to put a compass app on my phone just so I could tell which direction I'm pointed. I don't drive anymore (no car) but even the bus is confusing.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I'm pretty much the poster child for GPS. I really should replace the one I lost (a few years ago) sometime soon >_> If I have a map/GPS, I can plot out an efficient and enjoyable course for a 2-week road trip in nothing flat. Without it...I can end up on an hour-plus detour less than 30 miles from my own house
          Quoth Seanette View Post
          I know the procedure to change a tire, but lack the lifting ability to wrestle tires/wheels around.
          Same here -- due in large part to a messed-up back from an accident a few years ago. ^_^;>
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            Not just Canada... Coming back from Portland, OR I asked for directions, no smart phone. Conversation went like this, "you want to go north, how far north?" Okay, so you get on *I think it was 405* west until you hit I-5." So I had to go west to go north, but only if I wanted to go really FAR north. I have no idea what they'd have said if I only wanted a little north...
            Unlikely to have been I-405, as that's a Bypass that basicly leaves I-5, crosses the Willamette to swing by the west side of downtown and then crosses back over the Willamette and joins I-5 again.

I-205 ism't much more likely as it leaves I-5 well south of Portland, runs more or less along the far east edge of Portland (once it gets here) and crosses the Columbia and then merges with I-5.

I-84 is more likely. It runs east/west and will dump you onto I-5.

I-5 and I-205 are the *only* ways to get north of Portland unless you are going to drive a *lot* of miles east or west. That's because the Columbia river is in the way.

Comment

I hate the people who think that I know directions to everywhere. You want a major landmark, sure, I can get you directions. Historic C Street in Virginia City, no problem. Any of the major resorts, that's easy. Airport, in my sleep. 123 Random Street in a subdivision you just know is somewhere close by... are you kidding me? I don't even know all the streets in the subdivision adjacent to the one I live in, why would I know all the little streets in a subdivision less than a year old, that i have no reason to ever go into, just because it happens to be within 5 miles of where I'm working?
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
              X