This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Snowflake - Senior Edition

As a wholesaler we have several ways of ordering from us available, via our website (preferred), email, telephone, fax and snailmail.

This Special Snowflake - Senior Edition insists on using snailmail, this newfangled computer stuff, you can't trust it... The guy is around 70 and refuses to let his daughter take over.

We don't like that too much, but hey he orders enough to make it worthwhile. Until recently he had typed his orders, slightly annoying to enter the order into our system. His last order, though, was handwritten, no one in the sales department was able to read it, not even the numbers! This warranted a phonecall:
    • His typewriter (mechanical of course) was broken.
    • We are too stupid to read.
    • We should be honoured that he graces us with his order.

The order was then completed over the phone, including much huffing and puffing.

Our Special Snowflake - Senior Edition orders about once every two months, I guess two months are enough to get his typewriter repaired or to get a new one. If not, he's free to find another wholesaler.
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Okay, I can understand an otherwise intelligent person never picking up the whole "computer literacy" thing, but a fax machine hardly qualifies as high technology. You stick the piece of paper in, dial the phone number, and push the green button.

Fax machine or not, I'm pretty sure you are going to have to drop him, as he's going to have a bit of difficult finding a typerwriter repairman unless he uses that newfangled internet-thing to locate one.

Comment

Yeah, but a handwriten fax would be worse than a letter... I'm pretty sure that he'll get his daughter (I really feel for her) to find that elusive repairman.

Comment

Fax machines are older than telephones.

I'm pretty sure they're even older than typewriters.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          Fax machines are older than telephones.

I'm pretty sure they're even older than typewriters.
          Typewriters started to be invented in 1714s.

Fax machines date from 1843.

The telephone was invented in 1861.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"A Mo-Jo, it's a very modern machine that transmits pages over the telephone! It only takes eighteen minutes a page!" - Almost Famous

Comment

My dad is 77 and is way more tech savvy than this guy. Heck, he's more tech savvy than I am - I call him my IT guy.

Comment

If the guy won't use a computer, he won't use a fax either. I remember when the funeral directors first began to fax in their death notices...most of them had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 1980's

We still have a few who won't use email, now.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If I remember correctly, you work for an adult store????

So what the hell is the guy doing every 2 months?!
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post

So what the hell is the guy doing every 2 months?!
                    Making Hugh Hefner jealous, apparently.
                    Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Handwritting

What gets me is his handwriting is so bad that not even the numbers can be read.

I always got complements about how good and clear my handwriting is, so I know it is possible to write clearly for others to read. And if your handwriting is that bad then one can always use block lettering.

If one refuses to learn how to use modern equipment because you want to use the old fashioned way, then it behooves you to learn how to do the old method PROPERLY!

Why is his handwriting so bad?

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        Quoth BeeMused View Post
                        This Special Snowflake - Senior Edition insists on using snailmail, this newfangled computer stuff, you can't trust it... The guy is around 70 and refuses to let his daughter take over.
                        Well that would explain at least one portion of the SC behaviour, I wouldn't want to charge my kid with that kind of ordering for me either
                        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                          What gets me is his handwriting is so bad that not even the numbers can be read.

I always got complements about how good and clear my handwriting is, so I know it is possible to write clearly for others to read. And if your handwriting is that bad then one can always use block lettering.

If one refuses to learn how to use modern equipment because you want to use the old fashioned way, then it behooves you to learn how to do the old method PROPERLY!

Why is his handwriting so bad?
                          Parkinsons/shakes? My dad had his handwriting degrade over the years from a very legible hand to doctor's prescription grade writing.
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Have you seen those pictures of spider webs done by spiders given different 'mind altering substances'? My mother always had pretty spiky handwriting. When she has a UTI, however, it deteriorates further, until it looks like the spider on speed, IIRC. Can't be read, even by her. And since she can't think too well when she has a UTI, she doesn't KNOW what she meant to write either, so she can't tell me so I can fix it. Arthritis can alter handwriting for the worse too.

Comment

We wholesale and partly manufacture the adult stuff. Our customers are mostly adult stores. To order from us we need proof that you're a business.

The guy owns the adult shop, it's rather small. The daughter is official co-owner, but it looks like daddy-dearest can't let go and retire. I suspect some health problems too.

Comment

Working...
                              X