This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in the Groove

Oh goody. It's Monday. Lets rewind that tape and do it all over again.

The Purple Lawn Gnome: So named because of the bad dye job she uses, meant to be auburn, in reality a screamingly insane plum shade, as if a million raisins all cried out at once and then were silent. This one like to ask you questions, and before you can answer, she asks 30 more, none of which are related. Come time to sign for her meds and she picks up that stylus like Jason Voorhees with a hard on and STABSTABSTAB those offensive buttons. I've seen her knock the damn thing right off its foundations. Think you're done? Oh no. 60 more questions, a handful of unused coupons (all of which expired seven years ago) and the accusatory round, in which she examines everything you just bagged up for her and demands to know if everything was the right price, did you use my card and coupons, I need to talk to the Pharmacist. She's like a tiny little cyclone of cranky.

The Titmouse: She will call the pharmacy three or four times a day, needing to speak with the pharmacist, asking in her tiny little voice: "Um, what does this medication do? How will it interact with my other meds? Is there a generic? Is the generic REALLY the same thing? Oh and just one more question. Please do not touch my medication if you've recently eaten red peppers because I'm DEATHLY allergic. And after you've counted them, please wrap them in fiberglass, lock the bottle with barbed wire and don't breathe on them! Oh and just one more question. I need to know if my cellular activity will be interrupted by the fillers in my metoprolol, and if it's okay to eat peanut butter while I'm menstruating. What do you mean I should ask my doctor, I want this to be a pharmacist question! Why CAN'T it be a pharmacist question? Oh and just one more question...

(The Pharmacists refuse to take her calls anymore, because she keeps them on the line for at least 20 minutes.)

The Psycho Hose Beast: She has scary eyes that never blink, a halo of red hair so fierce it must be touched up every morning with a bucket of baby's blood, and a mouth so pinched her lips have almost entirely disappeared. She was kicked out once when she pulled her car in behind the pharmacists and refused to allow him to leave until he went back inside and reopened the pharmacy just for her. He called the police instead. Now she's changed her strategy to thick contempt, so disgusted and exhausted by your incompetence and obvious stupidity that she practically must do your job for you. Heavy sighs, eye rolling, the "how dare you suggest I call my own doctor and ask him where my medicine is?" attitude. "I can assure you that THAT will NOT be happening." Fine with me, Ms. Barracuda, it won't be happening on my end either.

The Chatty Crack Head: She used to come in, always in a hurry, cart piled full of useless crap like Coca Cola glasses, a magic mop set, tons of junk food and candy and make-up. She'd pick up ONE prescription and drop about $400 on crap, charging it to her mother's credit card. Her mother finally came in and said: "I don't want her using that card anymore for anything other than meds." Fine with me. In comes Crack Queen the very next week, cart piled high with worthless shite. I told her "Nope, sorry. You can buy your meds with mommy's card but that's it."
    HER: "But that's MY money!"
    ME: "Your mom's name is on the card, not yours."
    HER: "CALL HER RIGHT NOW!"
    ME: "No, you'll have to do that in your own time."
    HER: "YOU HATE ME! YOU'VE ALWAYS HATED ME!" Runs sobbing from the store, leaving her cart behind. I go over to push it out of the way and find a note in the front seat:
    * get as much make-up as you can
    * use a cart, NOT a basket, so they don't suspect
    * mozzarella sticks!
    * act like in hurry so they don't question

I turned the note over to the store manager. Store manager gave CCH a phone call and forbade her ever to set foot in store again. Seems as though, when she ran sobbing out of the store, she helped herself to a bouquet of flowers, snatching them up and running out without paying for them.

There are others, but I don't want to bore you. Also, I'm due in at 8am and must go and prepare myself mentally with deep Buddhist meditation, several handfuls of muscle relaxants and much denial.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Boomslang; 06-22-2015, 09:20 PM.

* get as much make-up as you can
    * use a cart, NOT a basket, so they don't suspect
    So, in other words, she was stealing makeup by hiding it under other things in the cart. What a lovely piece of work. Any chance that someone held onto the mom's name and/or have some other legal means of IDing this fiend (I know using pharmacy records is probably disallowed for HIPPA reasons)...?
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

And here I thought I got the crazies at Random Craft Store, wow.

(and love the username btw! Really fitting.)
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Boomslang View Post
        ... a halo of red hair so fierce it must be touched up every morning with a bucket of baby's blood...
        Totally unrelated to the rest of the story, but Hubby's been telling me he wants me to dye my hair red. I now know exactly how to describe the color to my stylist. Thank you!
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Stealing

Quoth EricKei View Post
          So, in other words, she was stealing makeup by hiding it under other things in the cart. What a lovely piece of work. Any chance that someone held onto the mom's name and/or have some other legal means of IDing this fiend (I know using pharmacy records is probably disallowed for HIPPA reasons)...?
          It not clear to me she was stealing makeup from the store, she was using her mom's card to buy stuff.

It does sound like she is buying this stuff for someone else, who I would not be surprised to find they run a small stall at the local flea market or sell on E-Bay. Basicly, she is using her mom's card to get money thru a third party because her family will not give her money.

Comment

It could very well be that the flowers were her first theft. The note mentioning "so they don't suspect" raises a serious eyebrow with me, is all. It could also have been referring to her fraudulent/illegal usage of her mom's card, too.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

She was banned from the store after the flower theft which, when told that we'd seen her do it, she defended with: "But it was Valentines Day and my boyfriend didn't get me anything!" As if that somehow made it okay. We think she was buying all that shit to sell for crack money, as she FULLY ADMITTED that her boyfriend is a crack user.

She calls about once a month, trying to sneak in a refill. Nope. The second she starts to whine, I hang up on her. And I sleep very well at night.
              Last edited by Boomslang; 06-22-2015, 11:11 PM.

Comment

She calls about once a month, trying to sneak in a refill. Nope. The second she starts to whine, I hang up on her. And I sleep very well at night.
                Yes, a glass of whine before bedtime can help you sleep better.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Booooooooooooo.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

That's the spirit!
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      That's the spirit!
                      That's vintage humor
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Put a cork in it!

Comment

Quoth Plague*Star View Post
                          Put a cork in it!
                          You can't keep the whine bottled up.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

You can't keep the whine bottled up.
                            Just open up and breathe . . . you'll feel better.

Besides, what would a whine thread be without Moi. . . .
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The Titmouse:
                              I can't even say this one without giggling like a schoolgirl.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X