This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vending machine refund scam

Yesterday we had a group of about 4 or 5 rooms. And boy were they needy!

-Would make me log into the lobby computers for them instead of letting me give them a card with the password.
    -Asking me how to type the "weird g" key. This guy is clearly younger and really should know how to type @ with no issues.
    -Refund after refund from the vending machine supposedly not delivering the goods. A thing of beef jerky was stuck. They asked for a refund for it. No problem. Turns out they got a refund for the same stuck beef jerky from an earlier shift.
    -SC comes up to the counter and says the pop machine didn't give him his drink. Since I did not hear any activity in the nearby vending area, I asked how long ago this was. SC tells me it was about 20 minutes ago. I say sorry, but he should have come to me immediately rather than wait 20 minutes. He made up some BS excuse about his wife needing him, and that's why he didn't get the refund right away. I tell him sorry, but he waited too long. I can't do anything to help.
    -They come down again a few hours later to get more snacks. They again ask for a refund. I finally had enough and asked them why they keep putting money into a machine that has taken their money previously.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Scam scam scam. scam scamitty scam
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

When something got stuck in a snack machine, I used to put both hands at the top and tip it back. The shaking induced from putting enough force on it to tip it back, plus letting it come back down, would invariably dislodge whatever was stuck.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

If you are in a position where you can (safely) leave the desk (or better yet, send someone large and intimidating), might you be allowed to grab the "refund" out of the till, walk over to the machine, and get the item from it for the SC?
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X