This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greek_jester View Post
    I got to see it go off when some absolute @rse lit up while leaning against the massive no-smoking sign that pointed out that the window above it was for the children's ward for very sick children. It was a wonderful sight, seeing him jump a mile and everyone nearby turn to glare at him while he sheepishly ground out his cigarette...

That would be a good beginning for a Monty Python skit.

Where I work at, this isn't an issue, since the property management company hasn't updated our parking lot to have the trees in the parking lot.

But I do vaguely recall way back in the early 90's when smoking was just starting to be banned in enclosed areas having to tell a few nitwits to take their smokes outside . . . didn't have to see the cigarette, as the smoke was enough of a tell tale sign.

If I couldn't smoke inside the grocery store, they couldn't either.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We had a rather ditzy employee who was a master of malapropisms. One day she started complaining about the smokers who conjugate outside the front door. “That’s right,” said one listener, deadpan.”And afterwards they have a cigarette.”

Comment

Working...
      X