This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Is Nodwick one of the eight? I was getting a trojan attack from that web site. Details are in the Tech Help area.
    No, actually it was "Do You Work Here"

I did some experimenting today after getting another warning, and checked each and every comic page on that group (I have 4 because there are so many) until I found it, and captured a screenshot to send to the author so he/she is aware.

I figure it's one of the ads running on the site.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
      CS majors and engineers and computer 'experts' who contact me for support are the worst -- not because they mess things up, but because they never read the help pages.
      A few times I ran into people who tried to bluff their way through the help pages when I had the documents/manual open in front of me (I'd ask about X, they'd give me some answer that was nowhere close). They did not like being called on it at all.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

heh. i'm a bit like him then...

right now my 2 windows machines have no protection whatsoever.
        but neither touch the internet right now.

the mini one never will
        and the desktop... eh maybe someday, but i'm not worried about it

Comment

Is Nodwick one of the eight? I was getting a trojan attack from that web site. Details are in the Tech Help area.
          Hopefully your Trojan didn't do any damage that Piffany couldn't fix with duct tape.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Piffany's duct tape did fine. Turns out the attack was probably from the "Do You Work Here" site, which also happened to Eric the Grey, as mentioned above.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Piffany's duct tape did fine. Turns out the attack was probably from the "Do You Work Here" site, which also happened to Eric the Grey, as mentioned above.
              I just wish they'd get the thing cleaned up. I've had to pull it from my regulars, and will not not check it again fro a while. No response from the site in question doesn't give me any security...

Eric the Grey

Comment

DYWH has said they aren't going to update regularly for a while, maybe once a week, which hasn't happened. I guess they're too busy elsewhere to resolve this issue. Isn't the DYWH author a member of this forum?

Comment

Actually, they have responded about the virus. Quoting from their site:

Quoth DoYouWorkHere
                  Thanks to everyone who let us know about the virus. Popular opinion is that it was coming in through one of the advertisements. Since it’s not like we were actually making money from those anyway, all ads have now been removed from the page. If anyone is still getting a virus, please email us immediately (note contact link above). Our apologies.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                    Actually, they have responded about the virus. Quoting from their site:
                    Actually, I hadn't seen that, so I'll have to let him know. I received warnings from his page earlier today. I cannot check now because my companies filtering software has classified them as a malicious web site.

Eric the Grey

Comment

Yeah, it was one of the ad sites that was tripping the response. I checked yesterday and no alert.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I visited DYWH today and was again attacked by the virus. I have removed the site from my favorites list.

Comment

Working...
                        X