Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read through this thread, I'll definitely avoid doing this, besides it takes a lot less effort to go to another thread than to post about how you disagree.

And in regards to the library guy linked to early on in the story, I'm surprised noone asked about him saying college is three years away and then having an interview with someone from Harvard when he would only be in grade 9 or 10.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Actually, I think I did ask him about that at some point, but he had some answer to supposedly explain it away.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I could have missed it if it was in the posts.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

It might have been via PM.
          It was a while ago and my memory is fuzzy.

Comment

That probably explains why I have no idea what's going on here
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              That probably explains why I have no idea what's going on here
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=34158 for more information.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm too nosy for my own good sometimes.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I have too good a memory for searchable details for my own good

Rapscallion

Comment

It's a necessary evil to have to bump threads like this every so often - we get so many new people on a regular basis. We're also getting a fair number of people saying that someone's approach was badly wrong as well, and it's being done impolitely. Things are steadily heading in the wrong direction.

Calm it down, please folks.

Rapscallion
                    Last edited by Rapscallion; 11-28-2009, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      Calm it down, please folks.

Rapscallion
                      We'll try, but I had too many cookies today!

In all seriousness we do need the reminder from time to time.

Comment

I wish there was a way to make this thread mandatory reading for all members.

Its getting a bit tiresome when people come to vent and end up with lectures from the armchair experts.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                          Come on Ree, you should know by now that people don't read!
                          "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                            Come on Ree, you should know by now that people don't read!
                            Yeah but you'd think the people that complain about people not reading would read.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post

It would be nice if the board software allowed implementation of, I don't know what it would be called exactly, but it would be like when sigining up as a member to a website forum, or to download software, where the User has to "read the fine print".

If at any time, an Admin/Mod determined it was time for Users to be once again "reminded" of a particular rule, such as this one, the next time the user visited CS, even if they had "stayed signed in", the rule would pop up on their screen, and they would have to "acknowledge" reading it, much as the "I Accept" when agreeing to a TOS.

Sure, not everyone reads all of the fine print on TOS's and such, but, when clicking "I Accept", they are essentially making a claim that they have.

At least in the scenario that would apply here, it would give the User the opportunity to refresh their memory of the particular rule, and the Admin/Mods would not be limited to only being able to remind Users that it's their responsibility to revisit the Rules on a regular basis. Plus, it would (I think) give the Admin/Mods more ground to stand on, if it comes to having to hand out infractions.

Mike
                              Meow.........

Comment

I know this issue is actually partly why I've been relatively quiet on the boards. Not every story I have to tell sounds believable at first glance, especially when they happen repeatedly. In one instance, someone complained I was "bragging." Plus, when confronted about certain things, I don't always have a TMI filter. >.> Mods, I'm still sorry for that incident!

I have heard, from friends OFF this board, that I complain too often about the idjits who think I'm pregnant, for example. It actually happens more like once a month, I've just only posted about the worst/funniest offenders.

It's to the point where *usually,* I'll wait a week, and if it's still funny/memorable to me then, I might post. The last few days being a exception. I don't want to go overboard ranting about every last thing that's happened to me, and end up alienating myself from a very supportive community.

I hope this place remains open and supportive. We're all stuck on this customer service roller coaster together, after all!
                                Last edited by Dragon_Dreamer; 12-09-2009, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X