Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am bumping this up as a reminder to everyone that we don't appreciate people failing to see the suck when the suck is plainly obvious.

Also, we've been having quite a few issues lately with people mistaking this site for Fratching, and we're still having issues with the report button not being used. The mods aren't amused.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Bumping this one up as well.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

All,

Having to bump this thread yet again.

Please, PLEASE re-familiarize yourself with the FTSTS rule. We've been getting lots of reports on posts lately, and we are starting to hand out infractions because it feels as if we're talking to the wall.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Having to bump this again. And again. And again.

I'm just baffled as to why this is such a difficult concept.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Because people are used to arguments being allowed on other forums. That doesn't excuse it, though. I'm glad now for the rules here.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              Because people are used to arguments being allowed on other forums. That doesn't excuse it, though. I'm glad now for the rules here.
              Thank you, FL. I know people think we nitpick and are too strict, but it really is what makes it nice around here and we try to keep it that way.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                Thank you, FL. I know people think we nitpick and are too strict, but it really is what makes it nice around here and we try to keep it that way.
                and I for one welcome our nitpicky mod overlords

If I said thank you guys for doing a thankless job, does that statement become untrue, a paradox, or an oxymoron?
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  Having to bump this again. And again. And again.

I'm just baffled as to why this is such a difficult concept.
                  I think it's because people are confused as to whether any disagreement with an OP is allowed at all.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                    I think it's because people are confused as to whether any disagreement with an OP is allowed at all.
                    I think Dips does a pretty good job of explaining it here (pg. 8), at least as I interpret it. Thought I might kick in that we should prolly keep writing abilities in the back of our minds as well - some people come across as "in the wrong" until I think of similar situations that I've been in, and then it gets a little clearer. And heck. Sometimes there really isn't suck on the part of the customer, it's just a bad day and our comrades have to vent.

Comment

Thank you, SMS (and Dips). That's a great link to explain.

Comment

I just read that explanation, and now I realize there was some suck invisibility in a couple of my posts recently. It just made me feel worse about the situation I was posting about. But I can't remember now what they were about. Oh, well. At least I was able to get it out. The fact that I can't remember what I was upset about proves this is a great place on the 'net.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've run into replies already today that are bordering on FTSTS that were reported.

This needs to stop.

Again, if you are not sure if what you want to say crosses that line or not, there's the PM function. Use it. It will NOT bite you - but it will send your PM to whichever moderator you choose to PM and we will get back to you as soon as we can to help you figure things out.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Sometimes the suck is in how the SC sounds, body language, or something that just doesn't seem to be able to cross the interwebs. When you see a post that when you first read it seems that the 'customer' didn't seem to be in the wrong, just remember this. I've had several customers, when I was working, that sucked..not because of what they did or said..but HOW they did or said something. Which is more difficult to express in written words.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

This needs a bit of a bump. Please re-familiarize yourselves with the FTSTS rule. Thanks!

Comment

This one needs another bump. Please re-familiarize yourselves with the FTSTS rule.

It's covered under section A, number 9. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X