This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Empire of the Wolf

Hello fellow customer service people and working class heroes.

I am an apparel associate for the Big Smiley Face Store. I love my job and generally the customers are easy enough to deal with, though there are some gems. It's mostly my coworkers that I have the biggest complaints about. And there's only so many times I can tell the same story to friends and family, so this seems like the best place to vent.

There's a Facebook Group called Customers Suck and I don't know if it's run by the same people who run this site, or if a member from here started that one. But I recently discovered Discord and that's where I found out about this site.

Some highlights about me:

I recently turned 35.

The life half of my work-life balance includes writing, reading, Sherlock Holmes, spending time with my sister (who just turned 14) and trying to be involved with myriad community related activities.

Favorite movies: Gattaca, Only Lovers Left Alive, Orlando, Kingdom of Heaven, etc.

Favorite shows: Doctor Who, Being Human (UK), Davinci's Demons, Downton Abbey etc.

Books: My New Years goals include reading all of Sue Grafton's novels for the first time, in her memory.

I'm an atheist but I respect everyone's religious and political views. I try to have a live and let live attitude in life and I'd rather know my neighbors than be suspicious of them.

I hope I can get to know everyone and to fit in to this community.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

to !

Welcome aboard! Glad you came by.

Someone should be along shortly with booze and chocolates. Kick up your feet and rest a spell

And yes, we do have an official FB group -- tho it would not surprise me if there are several on there with the same name or something similar. Ours can be found here.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Booze and chocolates would be nice. I made the mistake of drinking a Choclatini too fast once and I very nearly drunk dialed my mother. Got my roommate instead.
      Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Hello. You certainly are rather fun and lively on Discord so I'm sure you'll do fine here.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X