This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpless Support 2018

I've stated in previous posts that I don't have the highest of opinions of the close support teams at The Client. CSTs handle a lot of the issues that ITSD can't resolve, having more accesses and more knowledge on how to resolve more complicated issues. Unfortunately, they seem to fall into the same trap as a lot of other people at The Client, and assume we ITSD peons have far more power and knowledge than we actually do.

Case in point. Today, we were slammed in the early morning by an issue. I won't get into specifics, but it was impacting a lot of users. Fortunately, there was a relatively quick fix we could do to resolve it, and we passed along some of this information to the CSTs, so they could help users who came to them directly.

After the early morning issue was cleared up, I got a call later from a close support tech, who was with a user who'd been impacted by the earlier issue. However, now the user was having a different issue within the same application. CST wanted me to help fix it.

Sadly, it wasn't something I could fix. We didn't have anything in our procedures database on how to fix said issue. And in said cases, barring an app-specific or network-specific support queue, ITSD sends such tickets to CST.

This numpty, however, kept coming back to the earlier issue, seeming to think that since ITSD had provided a fix for it, that we could fix the later one. I went around in circles with him, trying to impress upon him that if he can't fix it, I'd need to send it on to whomever CST would route tickets to when they can't fix an issue. But he wasn't forthcoming with anything.

Finally, I just sent the ticket to the general CST queue and told him, "I'll leave it up to you and your colleagues to figure it out from there." And then he FINALLY seemed to understand that I couldn't help.

Sigh.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!
Working...
X