This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
    At work I haven't noticed any trends of a bunch of Samsung devices crapping out right near their warranty period.
    I actually wouldn't have a problem with devices that crap out shortly BEFORE the warranty ends ^_^, provided that they were eligible for a cheap or free replacement if so. Much better than crapping out just afterwards...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I would love one of the old Nokia immortal stick phones, unfortunately I have Red Checkmark and it has the wrong phone service type I loved my old Treo before they changed to the type that required the data plan.

I just wish they would stop "improving" things that didn't need improving, and forcing it down my throat.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        But "they" told me...

I don't know who this mysterious "they" are but apparently they are some shadowy group that only exist to make outrageous promises to our customers without leaving any record behind apparently as a means of playing some kind of sick joke on us.
        Actually, I DO know who "they" are. In reality, "they" are imaginary people, because "they" don't exist. "They" is merely a flat out LIE told by asswipes to try to get something for free or on the cheap. And I had a perfect example of this yesterday at The Bar...

Couple sits down at the bar, just a few feet from the hostess stand.
        WOMAN: "Hostess told us that we could get a Bloody Mary as a well drink."
        ME: "I'm sorry that she told you that, but that is incorrect."
        HOSTESS: (having overheard all of this, decides to interject) "Actually, what I said was I wasn't sure, and that you should ask Jester."
        ME: "Sorry about the confusion."
        WOMAN: "Well, at a lot of other places, a Bloody Mary is considered a well drink."
        ME: "Yes, it is. But here it is not. I don't make the rules, folks. I just know them."

And at that, the couple decides to go somewhere else. Where else? Don't know. Don't care. Fuck those cheap bastards.

And they were cheaper than the above makes it sound. Because the above makes it sound like they were trying to get a Bloody Mary at the price of a well drink (not gonna happen) or as part of our happy hour special that has half price well drinks (also not gonna happen, as our happy hour is only Monday-Friday this time of year). But know, they were trying to get a Bloody Mary as the four dollar drink special we have on weekends. Which is not a well drink, but a particular and very specific cocktail that the bartenders decide on at the beginning of the day.

Quoth mysticgirl5 View Post
        Ah, the dreaded 'this is ridiculous!' I never knew before I worked in tech support that this phrase is the battle cry of the entitled.
        I don't think these people truly understand what the word ridiculous actually means. Having a piece of technology crap out on you and not getting a free replacement is not an example of ridiculous, but of inconvenient. Perhaps annoying. Maybe even aggravating. But not ridiculous.

Ridiculous is a person dressed in a pink elephant costume with a rainbow wig and a striped tutu hopping around on a pogo stick offering people free readings of Tolstoy in Pig Latin while accompanied by a backup band of kazoo-playing nuns on roller blades.

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
        Besides the vibration motor, what moving parts does a Samsung Galaxy 3 contain?
        All those angry birds and bad piggies, of course.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I don't think these people truly understand what the word ridiculous actually means. Having a piece of technology crap out on you and not getting a free replacement is not an example of ridiculous, but of inconvenient. Perhaps annoying. Maybe even aggravating. But not ridiculous.

Ridiculous is a person dressed in a pink elephant costume with a rainbow wig and a striped tutu hopping around on a pogo stick offering people free readings of Tolstoy in Pig Latin while accompanied by a backup band of kazoo-playing nuns on roller blades.
          If that weren't so long, I'd put it as my new signature! But you're right. SCs just don't have any sense of proportion. Everything less-than-wonderful that happens to them is a big, huge, earth-shattering tragedy.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

You forgot the bathtub full of multicoloured tools and the giraffe.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
              Now you're just getting kinky.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                ... is a person dressed in a pink elephant costume with a rainbow wig and a striped tutu hopping around on a pogo stick offering people free readings of Tolstoy in Pig Latin while accompanied by a backup band of kazoo-playing nuns on roller blades.
                Quoth gerund View Post
                Now that's what I call Church!
                (Corn French weekend here)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Or, as it's known in Key West (the capital city of Weird, USA): "Tuesday."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Key Weird, that's us!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      Keep in mind the S/NES had almost no moving parts. Its the mechanicals that get you ;P

Also, I wouldn't want to see the size of the cart it would take to get a Bluray game on.
                      Ever seen a Neo-Geo cartridge?

(click for full size)

That being said, neo-geo games are arcade-accurate, so they have an excuse to be massive cartridges
                      Last edited by EricKei; 10-06-2014, 05:15 PM. Reason: added wIMG tags
                      Violets are blue,
                      Roses are red,
                      I bequeath to thee...
                      A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                        You'll pay full price for your phone that way, but flip phones are generally a hundred bucks or less these days.
                        Yes, but in the end, its still cheaper than getting one under contract for free, or next to nothing. I have VM no contract, and a Galaxy S2. I've had it about 2+ years. Phone was about $250, and my monthly cost (grandfathered in under their previous low rate) is $30 a month. So for phone and service, for 2 years, total cost is just under $1k. Its now about $40 a month (incl. tax) so just a bit more.

Figure on a 2 year contract, if the phone was say $99, but cost of service is double that, or even more, as it was when I gave the red checkmark the boot, current $60 a month, plus $99 for the phone, just over $1500 for 2 years. Or, at the higher previous rate of $100 a month, cost for 2 years would have been about $2500. I like to check out what they offer every now and again, but always realize I still get a better deal with what I have.

ALhtough I barely use my phone. I consider it an annoying necessity.

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                          Ever seen a Neo-Geo cartridge?

That being said, neo-geo games are arcade-accurate, so they have an excuse to be massive cartridges
                          I have seen those, in person, actually. And they should be arcade accurate, since its the same hardware you can get in the arcade cabinet, except the arcade cabinet had some extra bits for the coin-op and switching between four different games. There's a reason NEO-GEOs cost $800-1000 when they first came out.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                          X