This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jetfire View Post
    Now that's just crazy. If you were in a tippable industry, I could see having a non-5 value; but I doubt many people would tip you for towing them from somewhere they shouldn't be.

Then again, maybe it's to encourage non-cash payments; Is Credit/Debit might be easier to track and handle than raw cash?
    It's those of us who've called the tow trucks on our own who might tip them. I tried to tip the driver who towed me off the side of I-10 in downtown Phoenix during rush hour traffic. He went way above and beyond his job for me (hailed a taxi that was big enough for me, my kids AND my dogs), and in general was really awesome. He said he wasn't allowed to take tips, but I did try.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      It's those of us who've called the tow trucks on our own who might tip them. I tried to tip the driver who towed me off the side of I-10 in downtown Phoenix during rush hour traffic. He went way above and beyond his job for me (hailed a taxi that was big enough for me, my kids AND my dogs), and in general was really awesome. He said he wasn't allowed to take tips, but I did try.
      Yes but if you're calling for a tow for yourself, you aren't under the borough limits; the company can charge basically what they want from what I understand.

The limits Arga is talking about are the ones set by the city for "Parkign where you shouldn't be" tows; otherwise companies/businesses could set a "No Parking 10000$ fine for parking" and other crazyness like that. And those ones aren't likely to tip regardless.

Comment

Is it wrong that while reading these permit stories, I can't help but wonder how hard it'd be for these people (who are already putting in the effort to mess with the permits) to scan it onto their computer, load it onto photoshop, trace the template, and fill it out as appropriate?

And then all they'd need to do is change some information and find out what color stock to print it on each time they change.

(Note: -I- wouldn't do that, but come on. The repeat offenders should at least put some effort into it!)

Comment

Effort

Quoth Draco View Post
          Is it wrong that while reading these permit stories, I can't help but wonder how hard it'd be for these people (who are already putting in the effort to mess with the permits) to scan it onto their computer, load it onto photoshop, trace the template, and fill it out as appropriate?

And then all they'd need to do is change some information and find out what color stock to print it on each time they change.

(Note: -I- wouldn't do that, but come on. The repeat offenders should at least put some effort into it!)
          I lay odds that with the standard equipment at home that I have (scanner/inkjet printer, computer with MS-Paint) that I could do scan at 1200 DPI, edit the numbers by moving around what is all ready there and produce a fake that you have to take out of the car and handle directly before you would know it is not the real thing.

But it would take me 30 minutes to an hour to do that good of a job.

None of the fakes talked about seem to have more than 5 minutes of effort put into making them, felt tip markers, B/W copies, paper instead of card stock. These people are dumb, Dumb, DUMB.

They all are looking for a quickie answer and they probably think they are smarter than the people driving the tow trucks and never think the bad stuff can happen to them no matter how many times it already had in the past.

Comment

Arg. For at least 24 hours a blue pickup has been parked in our parking lot. But wait! It has a big advertisement for a quilting estate sale in the window. Now for the part which makes me very mad. It's parked in a handicapped space. I believe it does have the proper tags. Still, we only have four handicapped spaces on our side of the lot, and this selfish idiot took one which has the extra space for a wheelchair to unload. Manager says if it's still there MONDAY she'll go through property management to get it towed.

As far as I'm concerned, it should go now, it's clearly not a customer and it's a super small, always full lot.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Not knowing where you live or the rules of your property, there's nothing I can add except that it's ultimately the manager's call.

The Borough around here exempts HDCP violators from the 15 minute wait rule for that reason.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                I lay odds that with the standard equipment at home that I have (scanner/inkjet printer, computer with MS-Paint) that I could do scan at 1200 DPI, edit the numbers by moving around what is all ready there and produce a fake that you have to take out of the car and handle directly before you would know it is not the real thing.

But it would take me 30 minutes to an hour to do that good of a job.

None of the fakes talked about seem to have more than 5 minutes of effort put into making them, felt tip markers, B/W copies, paper instead of card stock. These people are dumb, Dumb, DUMB.

They all are looking for a quickie answer and they probably think they are smarter than the people driving the tow trucks and never think the bad stuff can happen to them no matter how many times it already had in the past.
                Probably a few fakes floating around that were made like that. Arga and his crew catch the numbskulls who can't be bothered to get the right card stock, a quality scan/photo, a good printer, and an hour or two to perfect the copy. They're more entertaining anyways.

Comment

Mr. Ruckus is one clever fellow. Kept her from driving off with the car, put protected himself from an unlawful detainment charge.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
                    OH and my mom drove a Maverick when she first started driving, had that thing up until I was about 5 years old, hahaha! And it was also bright orange!
                    Did it happen to also have an 01 on the doors and a Confederate Flag on top?

Comment

I think you're thinking of a Charger, Estil.
                      I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Quoth Antares View Post
                        Just a-good ole boys,
                        Never meanin' no harm...
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Antares View Post
                          Oh I know I'm just referencing the bright orange color is all.

Beats all you ever saw been in trouble with the law since the day they was born...

Happy 35th anniversary Dukes of Hazzard (Rosco is my favorite character BTW)

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                            Enos, you dipstick!!
                            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                              Quoth mjr View Post
                              Enos, you dipstick!!
                              Funny thing, my grandmother grew up in the real Hazard county where the Dukes were supposedly set in. She swore that the show was based on all the real people from her childhood, with the names changed. She even thought Uncle Jesse was based on an old moonshiner who everyone was pretty sure had killed a revenuer who went up "his" mountain looking for stills. She used to tell the most interesting stories.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X