This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're the Cheese Balls - Watch out!

My restaurant has never had cheese balls, and never will. I'm so sorry ladies, but that is the case all 4 times you've asked, and if you keep asking, I'll have to dip into my emergency beer to deal with the situation.

Look at the damn menu, and order something we actually DO have, please.

The crazy thing is if I had everything someone requested over the years, I'd need a bigger store just for the damn menu board, let alone all the new equipment I'd need to make the weird items.

But, is it happy hour yet? No. Damn it!
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

If you keep asking l will offer you my cheesy balls which you may not find so appealing....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
      Look at the damn menu, and order something we actually DO have, please.
      Any relation to the lady who seriously (or at least with a straight face) ordered waffles at Chili's?
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Some years ago (in Australia) Pizza Hut stopped stocking Coke and only had Pepsi. Now Australians all drink Coke. Almost no one drinks Pepsi.

So sometimes in PH if you ordered a Coke they would just bring a Pepsi and other times they would tell you they only had Pepsi. The main reaction was:-

"Hey! I ordered a coke, what's this shit?"
        and
        "If I order a coke, that's what I want. Now go and get me a coke!"

Sometimes:-

"I don't want this, take it away."

It amused me.

Comment

I get asked all the time if we have Coke/Sprite/etc. The closest analogue to Coke is a product called Mole Cola which is awesome (no HFCS). We don't really have a Sprite clone at all.

The real headscratcher has to be when someone asks for "Italian soda"...we have Italian brands of sodas, but not what you're thinking of (seltzer with syrup).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
            My restaurant has never had cheese balls, and never will. !
            Not since they busted that illegal black market cheese ring anyway.
            Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
              Not since they busted that illegal black market cheese ring anyway.
              The guys running it were a bunch of dips.
              Last edited by dalesys; 07-17-2019, 04:30 PM. Reason: schpieling errorata
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                The guys running it were a buch of dips.
                What do you expect from the Swiss Army.

Comment

What do you expect from the Swiss Army.
                  Cheese knives?

Comment

Quoth khms View Post
                    Cheese knives?

Whelp, we now know who cut the cheese.

Cheese jokes aside, I wonder if those ladies only ask you because it's the only consistency in their lives.

Comment

Whelp, we now know who cut the cheese.

Cheese jokes aside, I wonder if those ladies only ask you because it's the only consistency in their lives.
                      Could be. My customers are a strange bunch. They often try to order things that we don't have, and sometimes get pissy about it. A lady who wanted Italian beef, and was mad we didn't have it, even though our restaurant is "known" for it.

She was the only one who has tried to order that in the quarter century of doing this.

Then we can go into those who are pissed they can't get 5 burgers for $1, like they could back in the 50's, when they were making 50 cents an hour.

But, enough ranting.
                      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                      X