This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our toilet seat was stolen.

The toilet seat in our men's room (it's a 1-person unit) was stolen. Which means the men's room is closed until the replacement arrives. Worst part about it? Since both our customer restrooms are private units meant for one person the ladies room is now unisex. For some reason that pisses people (especially women off). Both rooms have the same fixtures (toilet, sink, changetable, and dryer); only the ladies has a tampon dispenser. And no, the ladies aren't any cleaner then the mens; at least the mens doesn't have blood on the toilet seat (my female coworkers tell me this happens alot).
    Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Why would someone steal a toilet seat? Maybe they didnt want to clean the one at home and thought stealing a clean one was easier.
    KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

So can I safely assume the "hand 'em a shovel and point 'em out back" method wasn't very popular?

But didn't you know? You shouldn't mix men and women's bathrooms. You could catch the cooties! But it's ok, I got plenty of cootie shots to hand out!

Hey, I personally don't see the big deal. It's not like everyone has separate bathrooms at home for men and women.
      Desk-On: Apply directly to the forehead.

Comment

the soap dispenser in our ladies room was stolen once.

Comment

our salt shaker was stolen multiple times, returned once banged up

Comment

Someone was so desperate for toilet paper (instead of paying, oh........less than a dollar for a cheap roll of John Wayne toilet paper) that they ripped apart the dispenser and stole both rolls in one of the bathrooms at the gas station.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Here's some highlights from the Kinko's bathroom. This particular store only had the one room, and we all shared it. At some point, we said, "enough bullshit. No more customers in here!" And that improved things greatly. But here's what led to that decision:

1. Shit on the wall.
              2. Piss on the floor.
              3. Piss on the seat.
              4. Enough toilet paper stuffed into the toilet to jam it up so bad it cost something like 300 bucks to fix it (I think this was probably the straw that broke the camel's back.)
              5. A shattered pedestal sink (Actually, I liked the broken sink...I could use it as an excuse to not let people in there.)
              6. Vomit every freaking where.
              7. Customers behind the counter, which is actually a violation of our insurance policy (which allowed us to make the lawyers into the bad buys when the customers got mad at us for making them go somewhere else.)
              8. Nickle bags in the potted plant.
              9 "Foot Worshippers" magazine crammed behind the mirror.

I'll never forget one slow saturday afternoon, this dude came up with two little toddlers asking to use the loo. I was like, "Man, we are not supposed to let you back there." And of course, the little girl was doing the pee pee dance, so I relented and let him take her in there.

No good deed goes unpunished. I'm in the back later, and my asst. Manager comes up and asks me if I'd gotten sick in there. (at the time, I was on a medication that I had a very bad reaction to, and was recoving from that. So I can see why he might have asked me that. )

I said, "No. If I was gonna get sick here, I'd be out behind the dumpster, not on my knees in the boggy spot you all call a bathroom....why?" ( I was getting a real bad feeling about this).

AM: Well, there's puke everywhere.

DAMMIT!!!! See, that's what I get for being nice. I do that guy a favor and he thanks me by not even attempting to clean up after his child. Nice.

Comment

Ugh, I would rather pee outside in public for all the world to see than to use a public bathroom. Why? Because of disgusting stories like these.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

And I thought they stole dumb stuff from us! That takes the cake.

We share a one stall employee bathroom at work and, fortunately, none of us are nasty people so it isn't a problem.
                  "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                  HellGate: London

Comment

There was one night I came to work to find out that someone had ripped the toilet roll completely off the wall. I'm not sure how exactly they managed to do that, as the way it was designed, it was nearly impossible to get a proper grip on (It was a plastic circle).
                    But I seized that excuse to lock the toilet for around 3 days. Needless to say, the people who hang out at my work (a petrol station... Who really wants to hang out in front of a GAS STATION?? - But that's another story, for another time.) weren't happy.
                    3 Basic rules for ordering food.
                    - Order from the menu.
                    - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
                    - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

The worst insident involving a toilet seat that I can think of was on a sunday morning within the first couple months of getting hired at Target. A woman complained at guest service that our toilets were "death traps" as she put it. She claimed to have fallen off the toilet as she was using it. It was really hard to try and keep a straight face as she said this. I told her I would check it out to see if anything was broken (mostly so I can laugh out loud). I knew for certain that nothing was broken because I had cleaned it less than an hour before this happened. I checked the stall she said she used and saw nothing wrong, I even tried pushing the seat with my foot to see if it was loose (I sure as hell wasn't using my hands that's for sure). The only way she could've possibly fallen off was if she stood on the seat or she fell forward which seems impossible unless bend in the opposite direction.
                      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

While on the subject of stolen objects:

We've had our water cooler stolen....

Our Toaster oven stolen once, but we found it behind our building.

And get this;

Someone stole one of our gangways! Yes one of our ramps for boarding the ferry. how one could steal a steel ramp is beyond me.

But, we found the ramp, it was in the water. the little sharts threw it into the water.

Several of our luggage carts were stolen. our security stuff was stolen.

lets just say, Nantucket is a vandals heaven.

Comment

A few weeks ago, we got in some new toilet paper holders and toilet seats for the bathrooms, and a contractor came in to install all of them and do some other repairs in our bathrooms.

Well, one of the toilet seats was stolen before it could be installed.

We suspect one of the cleaning people took it. I have no idea what they would want with it.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BigPete
                            lets just say, Nantucket is a vandals heaven.
                            There once was a man from Nantucket....

Comment

One time we found a pair of heavily used boxers in a stall. horrible, horrible things were done to those boxers..........
                              The Fate of Destruction is Also the Joy of Rebirth.-Chairman Keel

WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP!! -Zim

Comment

Working...
                              X