This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth csquared View Post
    She is a juvy. Last I saw, they are not charging her as an adult.

Her boyfriend, who was manning the camera, will be charged as an adult.
    Which leads me to wonder how come they're being charged when Ariana Grande got away with licking the donuts at a donut shop.
    Okay, the owner immediately pulled the donuts and replaced them, but nothing ever happened to HER.
    So, she may be a great singer, but all I can think of is 'she's the idiot who thought it was okay to lick the donuts'.
    Last edited by ladyjaneinmd; 07-10-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
      Which leads me to wonder how come they're being charged when Ariana Grande got away with licking the donuts at a donut shop.
      Okay, the owner immediately pulled the donuts and replaced them, but nothing ever happened to HER.
      AG didn't do it then promptly hide it back in the freezer. As you said, the owner promptly replaced them, and the worst she could be charged with is destruction of property, which is assuming that she didn't discreetly pay for the doughnuts afterwards.

The numpties in the original post put the ice-cream back with the full expectation that someone else would buy the ice-cream and possibly eat it. That's deliberate food tampering, which is a much more serious offence.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth nutraxfornerves View Post
        “Lick the ice cream” has become a social media challenge.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/l...ycat-video.amp
        Ugh. And I thought "gallon smashing" was stupid! These idiots will just keep coming up with new and improved stupidity!

A bit of jail time will -- hopefully -- get through to them that it is NOT funny, it is stupid and a crime to tamper with a store's products.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It's more than just a little jail time. It's counted as 'food tampering' which are a felony. Food tampering got the nasty upgrade to felony after some nutjobs went around adding things to Tylenol capsules. (Can't remember if there were deaths, but it was NOT a happy time for quite a few)

Comment

If you're referring to the events in Chicago in 1982, Wikipedia says 7 died.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              If you're referring to the events in Chicago in 1982, Wikipedia says 7 died.
              *shudders* That's horrible. It reminds me of a case in the UK in the 1980's, when I was a kid. Someone managed to get broken glass, razor blades, and other dangerous items into jars of baby food. It was the primary reason behind the "button" you get on jars now; if the seal has been broken by someone taking the lid off, then the top of the lid pops up in a small dome. If it hasn't popped up then the seal (theoretically) hasn't been broken.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

The government has started to seriously clamp down on food tampering in NZ, after earlier this year someone was sticking needles into strawberries and almost crippled the NZ fruit industry. Supermarkets lost a ton of money having to destroy the stock due to the risk of it being tampered with.
                Violets are blue,
                Roses are red,
                I bequeath to thee...
                A boot to the head >_>

Comment

IIRC, that was an ex-Detective Inspector called Witchelow.
                  I believe he got 9 years in pokey for it, too

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                    It's more than just a little jail time. It's counted as 'food tampering' which are a felony. Food tampering got the nasty upgrade to felony after some nutjobs went around adding things to Tylenol capsules. (Can't remember if there were deaths, but it was NOT a happy time for quite a few)
                    There were at least 3 deaths, and the first tamperer was never caught. Then some copycats decided to use the idea to get rid of annoying people in their lives and blame it on tainted medications. Happened at least twice, and both people who did it got caught and were convicted of murder. I remember when it first happened in the late 1980s.

Comment

On the ice cream: All correct, from what I've seen. The company is now working on setting up all of its products such that they will have a glued-in plastic seal that must be removed before using the product.

On another food tampering note: Remember the 80's era scare about razor blades being embedded in fresh fruit at Halloween? AFAIK, it turned out to be one guy who was doing it to his own kids; the fruits were never distributed. That being said, some people went on to do this sort of crap for real as a result.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        On the ice cream: All correct, from what I've seen. The company is now working on setting up all of its products such that they will have a glued-in plastic seal that must be removed before using the product.
                        Over here in the UK all food products have some kind of seal that needs to be broken before the food can be eaten. Tubs of ice-cream have a tab attached to a strip of plastic that needs to be pulled off before you can remove the lid, and the smaller pint-sized tubs in cardboard have a foil cap under the easily-removable cardboard lid that has to be peeled off before you can get to the ice-cream. Since pulling off the foil makes a bit of a mess of the cardboard rim it's fairly obvious if it's been pulled back and glued back on.

None of these are completely full-proof for someone who's really determined to do harm, but it does make casual tampering (such as by the original idiot) very obvious.

Comment

Working...
                        X