Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got Betty's completed application for forgiveness for her PPP loan just before the end of the year. We'll upload that soon and the SBA will likely forgive her loan. It's small potatoes compared to some of the big loans, so I doubt they'll ever audit it. It's basically free money for Betty.

As for her property taxes, she waited until the last minute (well, last week or so of the year) to pay her property so it wouldn't go tax forfeit. Now we reset that for another year.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Wow, she sure knows how to game the loans. How long has it been, Ghel? 20 years? 30 years? And has barely paid down the original loan.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Ghel has telling us about Betty since 2008, that's 13 years. looks like the bank has dealt with 10 years previously, so 23 years.

Comment

• Yeah, she's had the loan for 25 years, and it's been considered a problem loan for 23 of those years. Previous management enabled her by adding the property taxes to her loan (so it wouldn't go tax forfeit) and not foreclosing when she was severely past due. With the current loan terms, she has another 10 years to pay back the remaining balance. So it sounds like I'll be dealing with Betty for a long while yet.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
          X