X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity

At Work.

1. Page yourself over the intercom. (Don’t disguise your voice.)

2. Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Always wear them one day after your boss does. (This is especially effective if your boss is a different gender than you are.)

3. Put your garbage can on your desk. Label it "IN".

4. Signal that a conversation is over by clamping your hands over your ears and grimacing.

5. Shout random numbers while someone is counting.

6. Follow delivery men around in pure James Bond style, but make it very obvious.

7. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask them if they want fries with that.

8. Persistantly call your bosses "sweetcheeks" and wink at them in front of everyone.

9. Replace the mouse with a real mouse.

10. Make up insulting acronyms for all your collegues, and tell them.

11. End all sentences with ".co.uk".

12. In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your forehead repeatedly and mutter, "Shut up, all of you just shut up!".

13. Poke holes in the bottoms of all the styrafoam coffee cups in the break room.

14. Constantly speak in rhyme.

15. Adjust the tint on your monitor so that the brightness level lights up the entire work area. Insist to others that you like it that way.

In a lift.

1. Walk in with a cooler that is labeled "HUMAN HEAD" on the side.

2. Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside, ask, "Got enough air in there?

3. When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.

4. Just before leaving the lift, put superglue on all the buttons.

5. Say "Ding!" at each floor.

6. Stare at another passenger for awhile, then announce in horror, "You're one of THEM!" and back away slowly.

7. Try to make personal calls on the emergency phone.

8. Ask if you can push the button for other people, but push the wrong ones.

9. Make race car noises when anyone gets on or off.

10. Bring a chair along.

11. Carry a blanket and clutch it protectively.

12. Tell people that you can see their aura.

13. Make spitballs and flick them at the other passengers while giggling insanely.

14. Stare, grinning, at another passenger for a while, and then announce: "I've got new socks on!"

15. Call out, "Group hug!" loudly, then enforce it.

Everywhere else.

1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hairdryer at passing cars, then see if any slow down.

2. On all your cheque stubs, write "For Marijuana" or "For Sexual Favours".

3. Skip everywhere rather than walk.

4. Order a diet water whenever you go out to eat.

5. Ask random people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.

6. Specify that your drive-through order is "to go".

7. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the car park, yelling, "Run for your lives! They're loose!"

8. While riding an lift, gasp dramatically every time the doors open.

9. Go to a clothes shop and hide in the clothing rack. When people pass by, whisper, "Pick me!"

10. Finish all your sentences with the words, "In accordance with the prophecy."

11. Annouce in a demonic voice, "I must find a more suitable host body."

12. Buy one of those watches that has a built in remote control, go round a friend's house when the cup final is on, and change channels every time it looks like someone might score.

13. Go into a pub and stand behind someone playing a trivia machine, shouting out all the wrong answers in a very insistant voice.

14. Connect your brake lights to your horn so that every time you hit the brakes, you beep the car in front.

15. Pay for everything in one pence pieces.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

One of my favorites, which is surprisingly easy to do, is to take any random small object, and walk very quickly past someone, making sure they almost have your attention, and then pause, hand them the object, "Here, hold this." and just walk away.

It's by far one of the most possible jokes you can pull.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      At Work.
      6. Follow delivery men around in pure James Bond style, but make it very obvious.
      Singing the "Mission: Impossible" theme while following someone works as well...

do do DODO do do DODO do do DODO do do..
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Oh snap, I thought of another one.

Casually walking around, look at a random object. Pause, and begin to appear concerned, and then somewhat terrified. In an increasingly loud voice, emit "Oh <expletive>, it's doing that thing again!!!" And run.
        SC: "Are you new or something?"
        Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Stand and look up at the sky, somewhere there are passers by. See how many people you can gather looking at nothing.

Stand facing the back of a lift.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Spontaneously break into an awesome song/dance combo. Extra points if you get people to join in before they drag you off!
            My Wajas cave

Comment

Dance with every telephone ring, especially if it's just to the sound of a ringer.

Sing Blue's Clues 'mail song' every time something is delivered to your office. Ideal if you're getting a pizza delivered.

Make a paper crown and declare yourself King of the Ants, and you've just declared war on the mosquitoes.
              Make a list of important things to do today.
              At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
              Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Working...
              X