This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happens to all of us occasionally

So I was involved in a minor traffic accident that was entirely someone else's fault and I got injured. The other guy's insurance company was pretty decent about the whole thing.
    But I did spend a lot of time on emails and phone calls with the person handling the claim.

I had explained in detail what the damages to my vehicle and myself had been. The relevant part is that I had ... well, when you say "broke my ankle" people think of surgery and screws. This was a "wrap it in elastic bandages, put it in a walking cast, x-ray it often, and hope all the parts go back where they belong" thing. But yes, a bone in my ankle got broken.

So I send in copies of all the medical bills I had received thus far (we were still waiting on the estimate for my vehicle), and also Uber receipts for travel to and from work and the doctor.
    Then the next day I call to make sure they got the fax.

The Claims person, trying to be helpful, says, "I see you've been using Uber. Would you like me to arrange a rental for you?"

"My right foot is in a cast. I can't drive."

"Oh. Right."

Well, at least they were trying to be nice and helpful. Better than some that will use anything possible to get out of paying.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
    X