Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 06-06-2018, 12:55 AM
Balloon Whisperer

Quote:
Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
Guy calls in complaining about coverage issues in Guatemala. I pull the maps and find there's a sporadic outage affecting service...
I'm going to hazard a guess that if that's been in the last couple of days, that Volcán del Fuego might have something to do with it.

Quote:
Quoth gerund View Post
I'm an Australian and I know that New Mexico is a US State.
You'd be surprised at how many of our neighbors in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas...the states that border us...don't know that. That's why our license plates say "New Mexico USA" on them. I leave the state anymore and I take a map of the US with me.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:17 AM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
to be fair, if i was traveling to Alaska I would be worried I might at one point ping off a Canadian Tower, especially if I was going to be close the border.
Heck I'm pretty sure my phone pinged off a few Mexican towers when I lived near the Mexican border.....

I agree with this part as well. We don't leave ConUS often (actually haven't done so in the last 30 years so my sweetie would worry about everything), so that is something that we might be concerned about. Him because he's such a planner and me because I wouldn't want to run up a huge bill by calling my mother in an area that would cost money. We do tend to talk...

As to us Zonies not knowing that New Mexico is a state, lots of us never paid attention in school. I did and it always amazes me what people ask sometimes. I have had to overwrite my own script to use instead of the standard one because answering questions about things everyone should know is so tiresome and wasteful.

For examples: What is a Nationalized Citizen? What does average mean? Why are they taking all of this money out of my checks every payday? What is a retirement account?

My standard answer is "If this applied to you, you would know. *Next question:*

Old 06-06-2018, 03:37 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
What is a Nationalized Citizen? What does average mean? Why are they taking all of this money out of my checks every payday? What is a retirement account?
A) The government owns your a**, teakettle, and all accoutrements.
B) Aver Age is when you're old enough to be told the truth.
C) The Dread Lord does not like that question.
D) It's where the office bets you'll die real soon. See 'C' above.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Quote:
Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
I imagine the Alaska thing confuses a lot of people from the Lower 48.
To be fair there are plans with coverage only in the Lower 48. I noticed that my plan covers Puerto Rico, but not the US Virgin Islands.

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 06-07-2018, 12:10 AM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
to be fair, if i was traveling to Alaska I would be worried I might at one point ping off a Canadian Tower, especially if I was going to be close the border.
Heck I'm pretty sure my phone pinged off a few Mexican towers when I lived near the Mexican border.....
I live in Washington State (see my avatar) and have Red Checkmark service. We've learned when traveling in Washington but near Victoria, B.C. (such as San Juan Island or Port Angeles) to call Red Checkmark and tell them, as we frequently get the text "Welcome to Canada! Calls are $X.XX per minute!"