Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Why does everyone at work think I subside off chocolate alone?
Old 06-28-2018, 11:52 PM
Till/horse trainer/instructor

Default Why does everyone at work think I subside off chocolate alone?

First of all it is physically impossible to subside off of chocolate alone. Especially while maintaining a weight of just over 100lbs and my muscle tone. No I don't shop for groceries here. I can get the same meat we sell at about $400/2 weeks groceries for $150 for the same amount and better cuts. Why the hell would I spend that much money at work when I can get it at a huge discount from the butcher? I could spend $400/2 weeks on fruits and veggies or I can grow my own and spend what? $1 for 100 seeds? I could buy eggs at $5 here or I could by them 10cents each at the egg farm (I need to go there anyway for the day old male chicks they cull because my bird needs food). Just because I don't shop for groceries here (and we get no employee discount so why the hell would I?) doesn't mean chocolate is the only thing I ever eat.

Service Desk: Half our complaints would be solved if A) people knew hoe to cook the food they bought and B) people's literacy levels were high enough that they could read simple signage.

Customer Service, if you're not dead inside yet, clearly you're still on your probation period.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:55 PM
Area Manager

Well, I certainly would live off chocolate if I could.

Sounds like some of your coworkers have too much time on their hands, LOL.

And ... um ... what kind of bird have you got, that it eats culled day-old chicks ... ?

Old 06-29-2018, 01:13 AM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

They've gotta be raptors... Or at least scavengers.

Old 06-29-2018, 02:00 AM
Area Manager

subsist * ?

Old 06-29-2018, 07:15 AM
I need a life

So they are mentally logging what you buy/don't buy because....? These people don't have enough work to do. I used to get people saying "Why are you still here?!?" when I was shopping after work which was a) just plain rude b) none of their beeswax c) judging me for doing something innocuous. They apparently didn't have enough to do either.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:38 AM

Talking

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
And ... um ... what kind of bird have you got, that it eats culled day-old chicks ... ?
Peregrine Falcon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	4711  

Service Desk: Half our complaints would be solved if A) people knew hoe to cook the food they bought and B) people's literacy levels were high enough that they could read simple signage.

Customer Service, if you're not dead inside yet, clearly you're still on your probation period.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:28 PM
Assistant Manager

Those be nasty to unleash on a pigeon population, which is why NYC imported quite a few pairs of them. Pretty bird.

As to the human food... It only makes sense to buy where time+fuel+price costs are lowest. If you can get better for cheaper elsewhere, then there's really no reason to buy from work. While at work, the chocolate fix can help one burn through the day (and possibly have enough good feelings not to give in to the dark side when the next idiot identifies itself)

Old 06-29-2018, 05:37 PM
Et tu, Pixie?

I love peregrines ^__^ The closest I've ever come to one outside of the avian exhibit at the zoo was when one wandered into my old neighborhood -- presumably by mistake -- and alighted on a tree maybe 20 feet up from where I was. Looked damn cool!
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 06-30-2018, 01:58 AM
Other side of the m0dem

no discount? that's insane. Offer some kind of perk for gods sake

Old 06-30-2018, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
I love peregrines ^__^ The closest I've ever come to one outside of the avian exhibit at the zoo was when one wandered into my old neighborhood -- presumably by mistake -- and alighted on a tree maybe 20 feet up from where I was. Looked damn cool!
There are things you can do to make your yard more falcon friendly. Specially the peregrines as they're an endangered species. There really is no feeling like having a peregrine hit the lure at speeds of 200km/hr. I had a solid wood lure about the size of a pop bottle thick. Covered in leather and the bird not only ripped the lure's rope out of my hand on impact but it cracked the wood all the way through. Not bad for a 2-3lb bird.