This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the pizza game.

I quit my weekend job around September because I felt we were finally in a place where we could do without the money and I wanted to stop working 7 days a week. Money was a little tighter, but not too bad. Then right at the end of the year everything hit at once. We paid for our anniversary cruise in April, even scaled it back from cruising on the biggest ship out of Miami to cruising on the ship we have been on several times out of New Orleans, saving hotel and airfare. Even gave up our balcony room (I know, first world problems). Then we got the property tax paid off with my wifes xmas overtime. And we chose not to celebrate xmas so no gifts to buy. Instead we adopted two kittens to add to the three cats and a dog we already had.

There the problems started. The kittens brought in upper respiratory disease and infected two of our cats. One went into bronchitis. So vet bills for the kittens and them. Then our oldest cat started vomiting, then refusing to eat. 1200 dollars of vets stay with IV and tests and they cant figure out anything wrong with her. Finally they gave her an appetite stimulant and shes eating fine now. But the credit card now has a lot more on it then I am comfortable with and I dont want savings to take a hit.

So yesterday I went to the local Papa Johns and talked to the manager. They do online applications but she basically hired me on the spot as long as the paperwork comes in ok. So I'll be working nights and weekends for awhile. Sure I'l have some stories soon.

Life: What happens when you are making plans.

I refuse to add up my dog's medical bills. I just don't want to know.

Good luck with the fur babies.

Good luck with Papa Johns, though I am not sure it will help. I'll just grab the and wait.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

It's amazing what we do for our pets ... and then we have the fun of explaining it to non-pet relatives ... (yep, personal reminiscing here, LOL).

Good luck with the pizzas -- you will undoubtedly have more stories, I'm sad to say.

Comment

Just got my email directing me to print out my employment papers and I think I'm going to pass on Papa Johns. The pay drivers 4 dollars an hour and only pay up to minimum wage if your tips don't cover it. I have never worked at any pizza place that did this. Drivers always got a flat wage, usually minimum wage or a little over, and your tips were your business. That was the only thing that made the job worth the wear and tear on your vehicle.

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
          Just got my email directing me to print out my employment papers and I think I'm going to pass on Papa Johns. The pay drivers 4 dollars an hour and only pay up to minimum wage if your tips don't cover it. I have never worked at any pizza place that did this. Drivers always got a flat wage, usually minimum wage or a little over, and your tips were your business. That was the only thing that made the job worth the wear and tear on your vehicle.
          welcome to the "modern world" of pizza delivery.

most places (chains and indies) are going sub-sub-minimum wage (tip credit meaning your base wage is $4 - $5.30 an hour ), pay a small flat reimbursement per delivery (barely covering your gas useage) and tips MUST be reported (per the IRS who states that if you make over $30 a month in tips they MUST be reported as income ( no if, and or buts about it the government wants their cut of EVERYTHING these days)
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
          X