This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking of going to work.....

Just thought I'd share something that happened this past Friday......

Due to budget cuts a few years back, all of the libraries in my system are closed on Fridays.....the ONLY exception being the main branch. It's been this way for well over a year, but some of my family members (for whatever reason) do NOT get this, and are continually asking if I have to work on a Friday.

Anyhow, my sister's family was going out of town this Friday, and they stopped by to drop off their dog because they couldn't take her with them. My brother-in-law saw that I was getting ready to leave somewhere, and the first thing he asked was ....."Are you heading off to work?" (I should also mention that I was wearing a Motley Crue T-shirt, obviously NOT something allowed on the library's dress code)

It's just one of those things they don't remember. We have friends who can never remember that I have to work on MLK Day, Columbus Day, etc (anything outside of the Bog Six aka Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day & Thanksgiving). Many times they have asked if we'll be available to go somewhere on, say, Columbus Day, and I've had to remind them that it's a work day for me.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That's true.....guess it just kind of puzzles me because this isn't the first time I've had problems with people not remembering which days I never worked. (the church office was also closed on Fridays, had been that way for quite a few years, and I would STILL get people either asking or sometimes calling the office because they assumed I was at work there)

Comment

I continually have friends asking if I work on Tuesdays, or whatever day. I work retail; it depends on what Tuesday you're referring to. Or they ask if I'm free on a Saturday 6 months from now. I don't have a crystal ball.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've had the same schedule for 28 months now, immutable & as regular as the tides. My darling wife can remember all the family birthdays from both sides, yet neither the year we married, nor any of my scheduled days/times - and also gets pissed if I "forget" some random event she's never actually told me about!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I've been on the same schedule for over 6 months now (and prior to that, 5 years of the same thing!), and people STILL would ask me to do stuff on a Sunday when they damned well should have known I'd worked every Sunday for 5 years, and nowadays people "don't" remember that I work earlier in the evening now.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
            X