• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a mess; Long post

This incident happened yesterday.

The link below pertains to this post.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=86212

Before I get to yesterday's fun , first some information on what caused yesterday to be a mess.

Visitor parking was reserved for events. I was told by the parking office to put the big white sign stating visitor parking is closed for events in front of the visitor parking booth. I had to leave the gate arm across from the booth up from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. for the university employees to enter the garage. When the existing visitor parking garage was being renovated, the first level of the faculty/staff garage, which is adjacent to the visitor parking garage, was used for visitors. The renovation was completed the first day of spring semester. Beginning this past Monday the university parking office had 2 venders come in & install a pay on foot machine & a card reader. So the entrance gate & the exit gate to visitor parking have been up since Monday for visitors to enter & exit since parking has been free for this week. The 2 venders have been at the university all this week programing both machines to work properly & testing the equipment. When I got to work yesterday, both gates to visitor parking were still up, & the open sign was on. A couple of guests here for the main event drove up to the faculty/staff garage entrance. Everytime that happened, I would get a phone call from the parking office telling me to let that guest into & out of that garage. This even happened when I was dealing with a customer at the booth window.

The incident:

I get a call from Missy *not her real name*, a parking office clerk, around 8:30 a.m. telling me there is a visitor at the faculty/staff entrance gate. She told me to use the access card that is inside the booth to let the visitor into & out of that garage. I was dealing with a customer at that time, & so I apologized to him for having to leave the booth to help another customer. I walk up to the entrance gate to that garage. A young male was waiting at that gate. Apparently he had pressed the call button on the call box because he was speaking to Missy when I got there. He told her he was here to see the head of the Drama dept. She told him he could not park because visitor parking was reserved & that the drama dept. head did not make parking arrangements for any of his guests to park in visitor parking. She asked him if he was a student. He said yes, & so she told him he had to park in student parking. He was pissed. He asked me where the nearest student lot was. I gave him 2 options. I let him into the garage & out of the garage. During that time other guests drove up to the visitor parking booth. But instead of exiting & going to the student lots, he drove through the open lane that the university employees use to enter the garage to park on levels 2 & 3. He was on his cell phone at that time. He stopped his car for a couple of minutes. I went inside the booth to help the customer at the window. While I was helping that customer, I notice the young male student entering visitor parking. I get the last 3 digits of his plate number, & I call the parking office. Missy answers the phone. I tell her exactly what happened. Here is what happened...

She keeps on repeating the following...
    • He was supposed to exit the area & park at one of the student lots. Why did he not do that?
    • Why did he park in visitor parking when he was told he could not?
    • How did he get into visitor parking when he was supposed to drive up to the booth window?

the outside gate arm plus the entrance gate arm to visitor parking are up

Oh...& she wanted me to go into visitor parking & tell him he could not park. But by the time I was finished with the customers at the booth, he had already gone inside the bldg. I was able to find his car, & so I wrote down his license plate number *knowing there was not much that could be done, but Missy did not want his car parked in the garage*. I call the parking office. Nancy *not her real name*, another parking office clerk, answers the phone. She said she would look up his information. Campus police never came to ticket his car.

I have to do a space count Monday through Friday at 9 a.m. & at 11 a.m. I have to call the parking office with that information. For the 9 a.m. space count there were 16 open spots. When I called the parking office, Missy answered the phone. She was not happy with what I told her because we were short the number of spots that were needed for all of the events. Gee I wonder why . I lowered the gate arm that is across from the booth at 10 a.m. We were still short the number of spots needed for all of the events at 11 a.m. Missy also answered the phone when I called at that time. She was pissed when I gave her the information.

The funny thing is this...
    Missy & Andrea *not her real name*, the Director of Parking & Transportation Services as well as Missy's supervisor, have both told me & my co-worker the when when either one of us makes a misake, it makes the parking office look bad.

What a mess. Somehow I managed to keep my cool yesterday.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 02-18-2012, 03:42 PM.

I don't know how you stand it.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X