Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worked with a Doug Graves. His entire family was similarly named though I don't remember them.

Weirdest first name I've ever seen was Iphegenia though.

My bf has a member on his paintball team years ago who's last name was Twat (pronounced tat like in tattoo). He used to get pulled from the paintball matches till he pulled out his drivers license to prove it was his name and he wasn't just being crude. lol
    Last edited by HiddenMica; 10-04-2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• A customer sometime back. Didn't get a spelling but sounded like Prick, and boy did he do his best to live up to the name.

Comment

• In various work places, had these names

A R Dick (middle name was Richard)
        G Smallwood
        I Fullalove
        A Mann
        Dr P Wood
        Truluv
        Richard Drew

I know there were more, just can't think of them.

The middle names of one clients kids were Shining Rainbow, Summer Meadow, Bubbling Brook and I can't remember the 4th kids now. Yep they were total hippies. But the kids did have ok first names.
        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• I had a Greek woman whose first name was Paraskeve (pair-a-skee-vee).
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

• Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
            The middle names of one clients kids were Shining Rainbow, Summer Meadow, Bubbling Brook and I can't remember the 4th kids now. Yep they were total hippies. But the kids did have ok first names.
            That, at least, makes sense ^_^ Give the kids a more "standard" first name, use the middle name for the weirdness, and let the kid choose which one to use in public.

I have met kids named Sunshine and Rainbow before, tho.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Had someone today with the last name Fuhrer.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Had another one today. Visitor at Flaming Turd was called Richard...

Truelove.

His parents must have really hated him. He was only in his early thirties too.
                A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• I had this guy with the last name Cupp...hearing him spell it out when he called in was hilarious!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

• Customer name:
                    Mei Mei Mei Mei (I'm glad I didn't have to talk to this one, just saw the name come up in a review of customer accounts)

Anne L. Reddy (i.e. "Anal Ready"?) Seriously, we had to avoid chuckling when we saw the name.

Comment

• I was in the Air Force many moons ago and had a supervisor named Morgan C. Morgan. And there's a doctor in the area with the last name of Ng. Have no idea how it's pronounced.
                      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

• Quoth Lovecats View Post
                        And there's a doctor in the area with the last name of Ng. Have no idea how it's pronounced.
                        I believe it's pronounced "Eng" or something close to it, and that it's Vietnamese in origin.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Quoth Lovecats View Post
                          I was in the Air Force many moons ago and had a supervisor named Morgan C. Morgan. And there's a doctor in the area with the last name of Ng. Have no idea how it's pronounced.
                          Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                          I believe it's pronounced "Eng" or something close to it, and that it's Vietnamese in origin.
                          My sister had a friend-- born on the same day as her-- whose last name was Ng. They pronounced it "Ing."
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Someone whose Top Gun handle would be "Bedpan": Ray, Pete
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• A guy named Kelly Green gave a talk at a church I visited, once. According to him, the story behind the name was, his parents knew a couple named Brown who were having a daughter, and somebody suggested that if they named their son Kelly Green, the other would name their daughter Coco Brown. And for some unfathomable reason, both parents went for it.
                              Random Doctor Who quote:
                              "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
                              I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

• I knew a salesman with the name of Octavian Bastion Ware.... And he went by O.B. Ware. Do you know how hard it is to convince a customer that he isn't the one to watch out for?!
                                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                                X