This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kiwi View Post

A guy today brought a pillow that was $150! It wasn't special just a regular down pillow with a designer name on it. I wanted to smack him, who spend over a hundred dollars on a SINGLE pillow!
    The swamp has pillows that expensive or close to it. Of course, they're fancy-schmancy gel/memory foam/down/cluster pillows.

My current pillow cost me just under twenty bucks. It's a boomerang pillow.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm sure the folks at Old Navy probably judge me as the girl who has an overflowing closet of their long sleeved shirts and every single pair of pajama pants they have.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        It might not look the same to them as it does to you. Color blindness and all that. I have trouble distinguishing between certain shades of blue and gray--they look the same to me. So maybe that lime green looked different to that lady.

Or she could just have really icky taste, yeah.
        I have a friend that wears the most fantastically garish shirts. He's got red/green colourblindness so they look very different to him than to us, but he always asks our opinions - usually to ensure he's picked something as outrageous as he hoped it would be!
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          That looks awesome!

Re: "pee catcher rugs": they are not. They're for keeping bare feet warm on cold bathroom floors at night.

In the toy store I definitely judged people's purchases a little. But I was also happier about it the more extravagant they got, because it would count towards my sales goal. $300 dollhouse? That's one lucky little granddaughter you've got. Do you need any furniture? Just $35 a room.

Comment

The customers know we judge them too... From my days at Grocery Store, my regular customer (RC), who always showed up hung over (or still a bit drunk) just after opening wearing the party clothes from the night before.

RC: ... (hands me a gatorade, an OJ, and 3 of the $1 pregnancy tests)
            Me: That will be $7.93
            RC: ... (hands me a wad of cash)
            Me: Here is your change, have a nice day!
            RC: ... (smiles and leaves)

Repeat twice a week for many months, then one fine morning:

RC: ... (hands me a gatorade and an OJ)
            Me: ...
            RC: ...
            Me: We still sell the tests if you need some.
            RC: Its a bit late for that.
            Me: Oh...
            RC: I'm pregnant. You're the first person I've told. I'm not sure why.
            Me: Congratulations?
            RC: Thanks. And thanks for never judging me for buying those all the time.
            Me: ...
            RC: Well, out loud anyway.
            Me: That will be $4.73.

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post

Re: "pee catcher rugs": they are not. They're for keeping bare feet warm on cold bathroom floors at night.
              And yet we all knew exactly what she was talking about...
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                My current pillow cost me just under twenty bucks. It's a boomerang pillow.
                I must have one...or 10.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                  I must have one...or 10. (boomerang pillows)
                  So... they don't return when thrown? Must be war boomerangs.

Note to self: No pillow fights w/ BV.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Some of my customers' choices make me go sometimes.

One customer wanted to buy X yards of burlap. She was making curtains. Yes, curtains from burlap. And she was gushing on and on about how beautiful the burlap was. Me, I see a splintery, itchy, loosely-woven with tangles and knots, weird-smelling, butt-ugly, turd-brown fabric. Not something I'd want hanging in my windows, or even within 100 yards of my house. But she was acting like it was the most beautiful silk velvet! Of course, I didn't say anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if my face wasn't all
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I once had a guy at my previous job who would come through regularly each fortnight buying around $500 of junk food. I kid you not, he would get a ton of chips, soft drink and choccie bars. He never cleaned us out thoroughly, always left plenty for others.

After a couple of fortnights of ing, it turned out that he was buying them for the australian rules football club located up the road from us. He kept coming back to us because we were a lot cheaper than the Cash and Carry outlet at times (a wholesale club for small businesses, to get in you needed to have an ABN).

He then left that job and got another one cleaning roofs from memory. His replacement turned out to be a guy I knew from school!
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

A brown and lime green comforter set?!!! Ewwwww!!! The guy that spent $150 on that one pillow that was nothing special needs a for sure. A nice ass goose down feather pillow, memory foam or some other bad ass feature or for pain? Hell yeah I'd drop $150 for it!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Had to spend 100$ on a couple of bedsets recently. One is black and white stripes with red fans (oriental) and another set has this silly giant black panther snarling face on the doona cover and the pillows looks stupid as but they are reversable to violet. Got some fitted and flat pale blue sheet sets too in microfibre, love that stuff.

Beggars can't be choosers when the dog goes on a linen eating rampage and shreds 2 doonas and 3 sheets. She tried to dig to China on the bed . Least I have plenty of rags now.

Plain bed sets not from the supermarket are expensive. Now it's patterned stuff that's cheaper. It was either $100 for 1 doona cover, 2 pillowcases, 2 sheets or 4 times that bedding amount in patterned stuff. Odd.

I do wonder what the pharmacy people think of me when every 2 weeks I buy them out of glycerol. I go through a bottle a week for my ecig and it's a fantastic moisturiser.
                          Last edited by Zaiida; 02-04-2012, 09:53 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
                          X