This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Man's colleague shot himself

A GM at another chain about a mile north of here shot himself in his office today.

Apparently, he was visited by his superiors earlier that day. There's no word yet on if that may have related to the suicide. (I have heard through the grapevine that the hotel's recent occupancy was less than spectacular.) But he wrote out a note before blowing his brains out in his office.

Boss Man said that this GM was always heading local boards and project groups and was very involved in the community. (Boss Man is on the neighborhood association board and the tourism board and a bunch of other stuff, as was this GM until today.) Boss Man felt that this GM was way overqualified for his position, and that could have led to job stresses and ultimately depression.

Still, a sad day for everyone who knew him.

ETA: OMFG. This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder. (To keep count here, in addition to the above-listed suicide of a colleague, I had a gal almost OD in a room this morning, had police arrest a BUNCH of people in another room, and a semi explode right behind our motel.)

So, one of my BFFs who leads a local Girl Scout troop just called me freaking out. She was all "OMG which hotel do you work at again?" I reassured her it wasn't the one she was thinking of, and that I was very aware of which one she was thinking of. That's when she dropped the bombshell on me.

Apparently, the GM at the other place had been in contact with one of her girls to pre-order cookies. He had sent her a strangely vague email earlier in the week saying "everything will be ready on Thursday". He sent her an email today saying the check was ready. Based on the timing of the email and the timing of his death, it seems apparent that writing that check and sending that email was the very last thing he did before he killed himself. Needless to say with this revelation, the poor girl is very upset.

This...this day is just getting freaky weird!
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 01-28-2012, 03:18 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    ... That's when she dropped the bombshell on me.
    ...... Based on the timing of the email and the timing of his death, it seems apparent that writing that check and sending that email was the very last thing he did before he killed himself. Needless to say with this revelation, the poor girl is very upset. [/I]!
    The loss of a life is always tragic, but I just dont see the revelation (assumption really ) of the check issue as a bombshell or something that would cause anyone to be very overly upset (unless it was written after the tragedy) ._.
    “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
    ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Quoth Josh View Post
      The loss of a life is always tragic, but I just dont see the revelation (assumption really ) of the check issue as a bombshell or something that would cause anyone to be very overly upset (unless it was written after the tragedy) ._.
      It's the thought of literally being the last thing on someone's mind. The guy was getting ready to do himself in, yet had the presence of mind to write that last check and meet that last obligation. And the person freaking out was that last obligation. I can see how it would throw one for a loop.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
        It's the thought of literally being the last thing on someone's mind. The guy was getting ready to do himself in, yet had the presence of mind to write that last check and meet that last obligation. And the person freaking out was that last obligation. I can see how it would throw one for a loop.
        Ditto. That's exactly it.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
        X