This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go with street dates again

It has come to my attention we're close to being in some serious trouble with Universal Pictures because somewhere in the company somebody put out copies of the latest Twilight movie and some sold. That movie isn't supposed to go on sale until Saturday.

It wouldn't surprise me if this happened at my store. It's happened once before that I know of.

You'd think the big, brightly-colored labels on the boxes reading "do not sell before xx/xx date" would be clearly understood, but apparently they aren't. Which then begs the question of why the registers allow the sale to go through before the street date.

Anyhow, if we sell any more copies of the Twilight movie before Saturday, Universal has threatened to forfeit our funding, whatever that means. It wouldn't surprise me if this happens. This company doesn't have its shit together when it comes to street-dated merchandise.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 02-08-2012, 10:10 PM. Reason: changing official terminology
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I'm actually surprised they were sold at all, street-date or not.
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

I think we had something like that happen at the library some years back, this being in regards to one of the Harry Potter books. Apparently some staff at the main library had opened the delivery bins before they were supposed to, and were either trying to sell the books or were just walking around with them.....either way, my understanding is that they were fired.

Comment

Here's the real question. Who would even WANT to buy Twilight, let alone before the street date?
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Here's the real question. Who would even WANT to buy Twilight, let alone before the street date?
          People who like their vampires sparkly?
          Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Bah! My one vampire only sparkles if he wears glitter!

Give me Dracula, not this...this...travesty!

Back, foul shade of the sparkle-dark!
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Selling stuff before street date is a huge no-no with any company.

When I worked at The Gaming Store, WoTC was always very strict about street dates for their products. There was talk of Amazon being in trouble because they gave you the option of 2 day delivery that would put the product in your hands the day of release and some people were getting it the day before.
              And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                Bah! My one vampire only sparkles if he wears glitter!
                The only way vampires should sparkle is when they are dust motes in the sunlight.

Comment

Quoth CalyCoRose View Post
                  Selling stuff before street date is a huge no-no with any company.
                  My comic store dealer told me this one...

Comic stores are shipped their comics on Tuesday in order to get them sorted and put on the racks, but they cannot sell them until Wednesday. He told me that some store in Indiana or Illinois got caught selling them on Tuesday. The distributor hit them with a ban for six months; their comics were shipped so they didn't get there until Wednesday, forcing the staff to have to rush to get them on the racks. Not having them available first thing Wednesday cost them a lot of business...

Comment

Um, could you please alert me when your store receives copies of Diablo 3? You will be paid handsomely...

Comment

I'm totally getting the Collector's ed. Too much fun stuff.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X