This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I can kinda see where she was frustrated
    Her frustration doesn't mean a darn thing if I get in trouble for depositing a 20,000check into an account with her name on it only! I could care less about her frustration, I am going to be in trouble not HER! Sorry for being harsh but I have been burned too many times because of customers oversights.

Also, about government checks, even people can FAKE government checks. I had a guy come in with a 30,000 tax refund check and the account and the check were fraud. the bank only puts holds on checks just to stop fraud from occuring. How do we know the check that was given to us are real anyways?

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
      Also, about government checks, even people can FAKE government checks. I had a guy come in with a 30,000 tax refund check and the account and the check were fraud. the bank only puts holds on checks just to stop fraud from occuring. How do we know the check that was given to us are real anyways?

That's exactly what I was going to say. Same thing goes with checks that are drawn from the same bank. Usually the date the hold will drop is on the deposit slip.

Comment

Nothing is guaranteed these days.

The big thing now is counterfeit cashiers checks that are practically indistinguishable from the real thing. It's a notable problem for sellers on eBay who sell high-ticket items, like cars or specialized tech equipment.

Postal money orders are about the same difficulty to counterfeit, but if you're in the US, you can get those cashed at the PO to avoid any issues.

Regular money orders are much easier to fake; they're about the same as checks, in that regard.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Sorry it's taken me so long to write back to you all. I'm in school in hopes of getting a job that will get me out of Satan's Asshole, er, I mean the bank. To address statements that some of you had:

1. It is illegal to hold a government check, so if your bank is doing that you should have a serious talk with the branch manager.
          2. No, this is not an old story, it happened about two weeks ago.
          3. No, I'm not single.
          4. I'm well aware of the center mass principles in shooting... But good hell I'd have loved to make his a closed casket funeral.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome to the site. I look forward to reading some of your stories.

B
          It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again...

Comment

Working...
          X