This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an emergency! (kinda long)

Everyone knows that old people are the ultimate SCs. They're either the sweetest people in the world or the suckiest. So imagine GGs luck when she lands a job for an agency that provides services for the elderly. (not).

But it's a great job, pays WONDERFUL, and I don't have to take too many calls because I don't operate the main switchboard, I just do filing and data entry and talk about Medicare and AARP all day. Good experience considering I want to go into pharmaceutical sales. I transfer all the calls from our clients to the case workers usually, so this is a call from my co-worker's point of view, so it may not be exact.

CW: Co worker
    OB: Old bat

CW: What seems to be the problem? Are you experiencing a medical emergency? We sent an aide to your home earlier.

OB: I'm out of milk.

CW: (this lady calls a lot and harasses CW, so she gets pretty nasty in return): Well, that's not an emergency. Tell your daughters to go get it.

OB: No, I'm experiencing an emergency and I need someone sent to my home right now to get milk!

CW: It's not an emergency and I don't think I'm going to talk to you anymore.

OB: It is if you want cereal!!!!!

I just lost it at this point. My family drank all the milk this morning, and I ate dry cereal. Tough shit! Next time I'll call 911 or something.

She finally talked to the director, who discontinued this woman's services. Go us.

PS: This lady is a real problem, and her daughters are more than capable of caring for her, they just can't stand her. So don't say I should have felt sorry for her for being senile, and blah blah blah. There are many bona fide emergencies, and trust me, this lady's milk was not one of them.
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
    My family drank all the milk this morning, and I ate dry cereal.
    Holy crap batman! What is it with old people anyway?!

Hell, that's the only way I eat cereal. I really don't like soggy cereal. Something about the consistency, I think.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
      I just lost it at this point. My family drank all the milk this morning, and I ate dry cereal. Tough shit! Next time I'll call 911 or something.
      Don't you know anything? You don't call 911 when you're out of milk. 911 is for when Burger King screws up your order.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        911 is for when Burger King screws up your order.
        Gah! Beat me to it!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post

Hell, that's the only way I eat cereal. I really don't like soggy cereal. Something about the consistency, I think.
          That's why you gotta eat fast !
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            That's why you gotta eat fast !
            No, one has to INHALE it.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

In the immortal words of Johnny Witherspoon...

"You better put some water on that shit!"

Comment

People put MILK on their CEREAL?

J/K...I'd do that, myself, if the man of the household didn't eat all the cereal and suck up all the milk.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Man I wish I could call someone every time I'm baking something and realize I'm out of an ingredient....

I have a vanilla emergency! Oops I'm out of chocolate chips! AUgh I just realized I don't have eggs!!! Quick to the batmobile....... No wait - call 911 - this is an EMERGENCY!

Comment

Working...
                  X