This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please stop flinging eggs at me

Okay I know I mentioned in the Easter Rant thread that my night wasn't too bad. And overall it wasn't...until five minutes before I left.

We were in the middle of a rush and I offered to ring people up in photo. Just my luck that this couple walked over. Well, first the husband came over with the cart, he called his wife over since she was blindly heading towards the other registers. A bit earlier I helped this woman figure out what tissues were on sale. She kept saying they were 97 cents but really were 99. I didn't correct her.

She was so hyper. We had the Russell Stover eggs on sale for 3/$1.00 and of course people were buying tons of them. This lady probably had about 20 of them, I guess. As she's taking them out of the cart she's flinging them across the counter at me. Now our photo counter is wider than the regular ones and it can be awkward to ring up orders with having to stretch across. So these eggs were sliding a good two feet across the counter. At least I didn't have to reach for to scan them.

She kept babbling on and on about stuff. I think she mentioned about how much she loves the eggs. The poor husband even said something about her flinging the eggs onto the counter.

Then there was the ordeal with trying to get her loyalty card to work to get the sales prices. She kept getting us confused with our similar sounding competitor (only our first syllable is the same). It took two different tries to get the right phone number.

Finally I get everything rung up and it came time to pay. The husband goes over to the pinpad to pay and was trying to figure out which way to swipe the card. And the woman was literally over his shoulder nagging about how to swipe it and even asks if she wanted him to do it. He didn't need any help he was doing fine on his own.

Even after I was done with them on their way out the woman must've said something to the front cashier about some flavor of egg we didn't have and the cashier was looking for the number of another store to see if they had it. Fun fact, the number for the store the woman wanted was probably already closed.

At that point it was time for me to leave and I did. They were still at the front of the store when I walked out a couple minutes later. So glad I had that couple right at the end of my shift because I probably would've hidden like the jelly beans that fall through the grass to the bottom of the basket for the rest of my night.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Let's hope that next time she doesn't fling REAL eggs across the counter!
    Last edited by cindybubbles; 04-05-2015, 06:29 PM.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed to find that this wasn't about you getting egged by stupid kids or something (I was already forming a response in my mind), but regardless, you really don't throw things at cashiers. I'm waiting for the day when someone does something like that, the cashier deflects it, it hits the person and they sue the store saying "The cashier threw [item] at me!"
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

I'm kinda used to things sliding across the counter when people unload their carts. Some stuff just glides better than others. Most people also apologize when that happens. This woman though was just annoying.

And perhaps I have a future writing titles for some clickbait sites...

THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK WILL STOP YOU FROM BEING HUNGRY! Eat some food.

THEY BOUGHT THIS HOUSE AND YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY FOUND INSIDE!!! House stuff.

Yes, I think I found my new career! Off to work on some more!

Comment

I propose fellow CSers that we all gather our own eggs and chase Trixie with them...
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

As long as they are chocolate!

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
              As long as they are chocolate!
              Get 'em out of the freezer and thawed first!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Um, guys...I ate all of the chocolate ones.
                The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

Comment

Erm...one of those wasn't a chocolate egg...
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Amazing Race

This woman reminds me of the nagging nurse on the latest Amazing Race.

For those who don't know the first prize is a million dollars cash.

This nurse is nagging her partner so much you can clearly see he is making mistakes because he is distracted by her constant talking/interference.

That is right, even with a million dollars to win it is still more important to talk, talk, talk.

Comment

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/crazy-for-cadbury/

Trixie, this wouldn't happen to be your SC, would it?

Comment

I think that many eggs borders on addiction.

Comment

borders on . . .?

Unless she's buying for a school, this doesn't border on addiction . . .

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Erm...one of those wasn't a chocolate egg...
                            *looks behind fireplace and sees a yellow kitty hiding back there where he has NO business*

POODLES!!!!

At least she wasn't sitting in the floor, opening the cartons and inspecting each and every single egg on a quest for the perfect dozen.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                            X