X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the first two hours....

Copying and editing from my comm-log I had to write-up:

The case of the missing purse

One of the guests in [room] left her purse outside the room when she was unloading luggage and it was not there when she went back for it. She called down asking if it was turned in. I told her it was not. She then proceeded to swear at me. I managed to get her to give me a description of the purse and told her I would pass it along to Security. Before I had a chance she came to the front desk and asked for Security. I called Jess and passed the phone to the guest. She became extremely irate with [Security Officer] that the purse was missing. She kept saying “Why do you need my information?!” when [Security Officer] was trying to get her information in case the purse turned up. She then yelled at me and asked if I had a purse. I told her I did and that I have had my purse stolen before so I understood how hard it was. She asked what she should do. I told her if it was turned in we would contact her. She stormed off ranting to her husband about how we didn’t care that her purse was stolen. She also ranted about how the room wasn’t ready at check in, even though we gave her a free upgrade to a waterview to accommodate her early check-in because her non-waterview room she reserved wasn’t ready at 3:30pm [Ed. note: our check-in is not until 4pm].

We don't offer services that we offer

SC came up to desk ranting about lack of valet parking. I offered to have [Coworker] valet when he returned from assisting a guest with luggage. SC said that it was ridiculous that we did not offer valet parking and irately stormed out and said she was going to find her husband. When she returned with her husband, [Coworker] checked them in and she continually complained about how every other place had valet parking and a bellman. [Coworker] again offered to valet their car and offered luggage assistance. SC ranted about how every place in Vegas has a valet waiting outside to greet guests. She did not acknowledge our efforts to offer her parking and luggage assistance and loudly and irately ranted throughout check-in about how we were not offering the services that we were attempting to explicitly offer her.

I'm going to see if the "Comm Log" spell works tonight. If I keep the file open, I won't need it again but if I close it something will come up where I have to write in it again. Hopefully the spell works tonight...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

So, Missing Purse SC came down about every other hour screaming about how her purse was stolen and we needed to do something and that an apology wasn't cutting it, we needed to give her back her purse! She cussed and swore and stormed off, and two hours later lather rinse repeat. I offered to call the police if she wanted to file a report on the theft.

Literally, I would be checking in guests and she'd scream about how "this place stole my f**king purse and won't do anything about it!"

Anyway, about 15 minutes before the end of my shift, her significant other came by and drunkenly mumbled about how "we're good on the purse now", so I'm thinking they found it somewhere?

At the wedding, a fight broke out on the dance floor. I did not witness it, but I heard tidbits in passing from other guests.

I also had a drunk guest last night demand a refund because the bar cut him off. He wanted a refund and a cab ride home, and if he didn't get his refund, "then I'm going to have to get in my truck and drive drunk and smash into all the cars out there and let's be reasonable, we don't want that, right? Now cancel my f**king room!" Let's just say the bar exercised appropriate judgement when they cut him off (and because he's a golf member who spends ridiculous $$$ on membership, we ended up checking him out without charging him and sent him home in a cab).

Ultimately, the "comm log spell" failed me last night. I typed up three pages. I told the senior staff I ran into that in the morning when it went out with the daily distribution that they needed to get some popcorn, beer, and a comfy chair ready before sitting down and reading it, because there's some damn good drama in there.
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 04-26-2015, 10:44 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

So you guys stole her purse then snuck it back into her room? Devious. No apology for accusing you of theft either I bet.
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

If a guest was that drunk and threatened to do damage to other guest's cars I would have called the cops regardless of his status. Why would you want someone to continue to be such a "valued" guest if he gets drunk and makes threats?

Comment

I'd have called the police on Purse Bitch, as well. Maybe they can explain to you the concept of 'slander' . . .

Comment

Just...wow...

Purse Bitch - My first question would be WHY IN THE BLAZES WOULD YOU LEAVE YOUR PURSE UNATTENDED?

And it sounds like it was misplaced rather than stolen, but of course no apology. A ban-hammer would be well and truly wielded here...

Drunk Golf Player - I hate that, due to the amount he spends, you can't give this cretin the perp walk he well and truly deserves. I would love to have seen what the cops would have done to his drunken ass! Again, a ban-hammer really is in order here due to his threats but we know management won't do it...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              And it sounds like it was misplaced rather than stolen
              Probably on the bed under a suitcase or holdall. When they finally got around to shifting the luggage off the bed so that they could get into it, lo and behold, the purse.

((Happened at the motel where I used to clean, on far more occasions than it should have))
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

As a final follow-up, at 1am that night after I left, a fight broke out in the parking lot between the wedding group and a group of contractors we have staying with us for a couple months. Police were called.

Coworker said the next morning that everyone yelled at her because of the noise. She also said she saw Stolen Purse Lady pass through the lobby but she never stopped at the desk to check out.

Coworker came by later after her shift and gave me wine for surviving the night. I am reciprocating with an artisan popcorn/chip/pretzel/caramel/chocolate snack mix.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  As a final follow-up, at 1am that night after I left, a fight broke out in the parking lot between the wedding group and a group of contractors we have staying with us for a couple months. Police were called.
                  I would love to know what set this off...

Coworker said the next morning that everyone yelled at her because of the noise. She also said she saw Stolen Purse Lady pass through the lobby but she never stopped at the desk to check out.
                  No surprise here, too embarrassed to admit she was wrong. Did she ever check out? If not, send her a huge bill!

Coworker came by later after her shift and gave me wine for surviving the night. I am reciprocating with an artisan popcorn/chip/pretzel/caramel/chocolate snack mix.
                  Kudos to your survival!

Comment

Quoth elf177
                    Quote:
                    Quoth bhskittykatt

I would love to know what set this off...
                    I'm going out on a limb here and say alcohol was involved in some fashion. And I'm sure the cops didn't appreciate having to deal with that garbage either.

Thank Goodness you got through relatively unscathed, Kittykat. I'd say you deserve at least a full day at a spa (in addition to the wine) for being in the line of fire like that.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X