Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did say I was speaking quietly, but I wasn't exactly whispering either. My character is pretty reserved, but not snobbish (well, not too snobbish, anyway)

I give a small smile. "I beg your pardon sir, but I'm not certain we've been formally introduced. May I ask your name?"
    Thinking to myself: The halfling does look familiar, but who on earth is he and what possible business could he have had with Master Merlic?
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• "come come sit with us....I am an OLD friend of you're master. I knew him before he met lumi...ah bless her little heart...."

(the name lumi is only a faint light in your memory...but you do not think its a humanoid of any form hes refering to.)

"So it seems merlic has more friends in his old age then he led me to believe...I understand your concern...personally myself I'm searching for them too. Seems the tower is...causing trouble again and my boss isn't very happy."

(DM: quick side note here...Merlic is a full human...and his apperance has never been older then that of a man in his mid to late 30s.)
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Quoth Sarlon View Post
        (DM: quick side note here...Merlic is a full human...and his apperance has never been older then that of a man in his mid to late 30s.)
        And that should be a surprise considering he's a wizard?

To Torlis / Torlin / Tolis etc..:

..and who is your boss?
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• he takes a drink from his mug partially hiding his face and says.

"no one important...just a great woman...don't think you'd know of her elf."

he leans back in the chair and takes another drink.

"course your master has met her...thankfully not the traditional way..."
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• I give Torlin a strange look but don't comment (PM to the DM).

To the DM:
            I know you said this is your own world but is this based on any D&D world that exists (Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, etc?).

(Edit): Future edit awaiting on a response(s) from the DM.
            Last edited by draggar; 06-01-2009, 02:28 PM.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• "Perhaps *I* have heard of your boss, then?", I ask. I am polite but guarded. The halfling seems friendly enough, but what sort of relationship could he possibly have had with Master Merlic?

Before the halfling can answer, I turn to the elf. "And may I ask who your master is, as well?"
              And now, I dance the filler dance...
              Last edited by JuniorMintz; 06-02-2009, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• He turns his gaze to the young woman.

"my boss is rather....high up in power...and would prefer to keep her name seperate. But don't worry..."

he grins and takes a long drink from his mug.

"she says hi...and you'll meet her someday...soon I think..."

Comment

• I look curiously at the halfling, then nod. "So be it, but please, what can you tell me of Master Merlic? And why are you and your boss so concerned about the tower?"

Comment

• (To JM): I don't have a master, I am my own master. My mentor has gone missing as well as your guild's head figure. His name is Eagle Eye and I think he knows, or at least knew, Merlic. The halfling here claims to know both of them, as well as many other wel known people in the area.
                    Fill, filler, filling, fillers, filings, flings, frings, fronions!
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• I give a small nod to the elf. "Fair enough. My name is Aranel Nailo. I recently completed my wizard's training with Master Merlic, but as we all know, he is now among the missing and I fear for his safety. Perhaps we could help each other, if you are willing."

Comment

• the halfling looks at the two of them directly.

"I can help you find your masters...mentors...how ever you wish to refer them to as..."

he smiles a charmingly witty smile at Aranel.

"My dear lovely lady...has he never told you the antics of a halfling named Ethan?"

a broad grins splits his face.

"I'm Ethan's nephew!"

(DM note: JM...the name ethan rings LOTS of bells, merlic spoke of him often, though you heard annoance in his voice over those stories you always sensed a sense of deep respect for him....Draggar...same for you....though EE was often the butt of jokes anytime he told a story of his valentry in battle again it was with a sense of deep respect for him. Neither of you know what became of Ethan, though the halfling in front of you does bare a resemblence to him.)

Comment

• Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                          I give a small nod to the elf. "Fair enough. My name is Aranel Nailo. I recently completed my wizard's training with Master Merlic, but as we all know, he is now among the missing and I fear for his safety. Perhaps we could help each other, if you are willing."
                          "Well met, Aranel. I'm Draggar from the southern woods (I'm assuming the woods I'm from are to the south - if not, just replace that with what the woods are known as). (Nodding towards Khel's char) I don't know who this young (short pause) lady is, I think she followed me here but the halfling here introduced himself to us soon after I noticed her behind me. I never did catch her name. We also have this your performer who had a rather popular show last night."
                          DM: When EE spoke of the pranks / jokes - did he speak of them with annoyance or humor / humility (were they laughing AT him or WITH him?)

Edit: I'm wondering - is anyone else reading this thread or just the gamer geeks?

Edit 2:
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...909#post569909

Last edited by draggar; 06-05-2009, 11:23 AM.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• OMG guys...I was packing up my D&D things couple of days ago and I found the ORGINAL map of my world I had roughly sketched to describe the world to my players...and YES I realize that I said I would have the world map up soon...but that damnthing called a life kept rearing its ugly head ><

Comment

• Note to DM: LMAO! No worries, you'll get to it when you can.

Ahem....

I smile politely. I attempt (as always) to be careful while choosing my words, lest I offend anyone accidentally. "I think I'd like to take a seat for a few minutes, so long as I'm not intruding. Master Merlic often spoke...fondly of your uncle. Whatever became of Ethan, if you don't mind my asking?"

Comment

• Just to be sure, at the taple it is:

Me conversing with JM & the halfling
                                JM conversing back
                                Khel sitting off to the side by herself, quietly.
                                Fenrus chowing down (not saying much). (Edited reply #192 because of this)
                                Aethian (if still playing) hasn't arrived to our table yet)

Sorry I've been ignoring Fen, I forgot he was with us.
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X