Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it that hard to f***ing clean up after yourself.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it that hard to f***ing clean up after yourself.

So the neighbors across the street from our house out doing a whole bunch of construction (at crazy hours I might add) on their new house. That's fair.

What's not fair is sweeping all their shit out into the middle of the road instead of cleaning it the fuck up like any responsible home owner. So apparently at some point that day I ran over two nails they had swept out on the road with the rest of their shit. Course, I only find this out when the low pressure indicator for the tires turns on... As I'm driving down the highway at 100+ and I'm on my way to my other other job. So I pop into the repair shop and they're able to fit me in right away (thankfully) and they don't charge me for the repair saying it's free which I'm certainly not going to argue with, and to come back the next day blah blah blah.

Oh, and this is the same people who's other contractor hit my parked car. And apparently they enjoy parking in front of other people's houses because they don't feel like sweeping their shit up today.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Can you report them for dumping construction waste in the street? A few photos should go a long way to getting them either spoken to or fined? They won't do it again. (Maybe a bit petty but I hate people who can't clean up their on rubbish.)

Also check you local noise and construction laws. There is usually a curfew for power tools and building/construction noise in suburban areas. In Oz, they generally can't start before 7am Monday to Friday and 8am Saturday and Sunday. I think finishing is 8pm at night, but no tradie in their right mind works that late unless they are doing inside fiddly shit like painting or hanging doors, etc.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I second take photographs of the debris and report it to the building permit department. Where I live they take this very seriously because that pollution can get into the storm drains.

Comment

What assholes!

I had a tire blowout at freeway speeds several years ago. That is a whole lotta NOT FUN. Luckily it was sunny weather in not-crowded traffic, but still, it was frightening. Tire shop told me they found 1 large nail in the remains of my tire, as it was well beyond patching. And then I got to purchase 2 new tires, because you can't get just on....

Comment

I'd simply sweep it back onto their property. If confronted I do a very good *confused/helpful.* "Oh I noticed all this got tracked into the road, I already got a flat tire and don't want anyone else to have that problem. I hope your construction is going well, bye!"

I'm persistent, I'd keep putting it back on them. Reporting it would be good, if anyone in your town would respond to that. I doubt I'd be able to get anyone to care around here, unless it was a major road or something.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
          X