This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidbit from a couple months ago.

Rewind about 6 months, to when I first started waiting tables.

Me: Happy, naive waiter
    SC: Old guy

-general small talk-
    SC: So I live over on soandso street... But I think I'm going to be moving soon.
    Me: You've lived there for 20 years you said... Why're you moving?
    SC: Oh, it's just all going downhill over there.
    Me: -warning bell fails me- It is? Why?
    SC: -looks around suspiciously- Blacks.
    Me: Um.
    SC: They've been moving in for the last couple years, trying to take over... I think they're all on welfare.
    Me: Uh..
    SC: Well, the statistics show--
    Me: Sorry, I have to go check on a table. -flee-

Dunno, that's just stuck with me. Why do people think they need to tell us that? I don't want to know, I don't agree with you, and I do think you're a racist idiot. Anyone else have customers do things like this?
    "Everyone in the world should have to wait tables for one year of their life so they can understand that your ranch dressing is NOT fucking important!" Daniel Tosh

Only ones I meet are conspiracy theorists.

One guy came through my line my first year as a Krogers cashier. He had signed up for about a half-dozen of the discount cards, and would give one to anyone who had forgotten theirs in line.

Then he'd explain to them that he knew how our corrupt, racist system worked, and was trying to fight The Man. Apparently, poor people and blacks don't get the cards, while rich white people do. So the poor people and blacks have to pay more for groceries than the rich white people, and it was all just another way for The Man to keep them down.

He didn't listen when I explained it was mainly a way for them to advertise at you.

And then I've had a few explain to me how Bush is trying to bring about the end times, and how you had to eat organic foods because of the deadly chemicals that were being placed in everything else.
    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

I've had people make racist comments to me, sexist, ageist, you name it.
      I don't know why they think I want to hear what they have to say or why they assume I'll agree with them.
      Thankfully none of the instances stick out enough to be significant.

Comment

Working...
      X