Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT or Long lines, which do you think they'll choose?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT or Long lines, which do you think they'll choose?

Ah another day another shoot me now!

So I've been training in the Customer Service Booth last week (Oh Joy!) mainly so I can eventually train to be one of the accountants (we've been needing another one since every time one of them goes on Vaca the other one has to work all 7 days that week). Well a couple days after the training I come in as the FES and I was told by another Boothie that a customer I gave a money order for came in all bitching and whining

Apparently she had asked for a Money Order for "One Fifty". Natrally I assumed $150.00 (as would any other Boothie) and she slid her Debit card without looking at the total (or listened to me announce it but them again I said "one fifty"). Apparently it overdrawn her account. She only wanted a money order for $1.50!

Yeah that's right she was pissed because I've never heard of a $1.50 money order. Plus people normally say "dollar fifty" for $1.50 and "one fifty" for $150.00. Right?

Tax-Free Weekend!

So apparently School supplies (Pencils, paper, folders, etc.) are not included in the tax-free event. It mainly consists of clothing, backpacks, and diapers. That's right diapers, but no school supplies. Makes sense right?

Well a customer started bitchin' because it didn't take off tax on his school supplies. I patiently told him they aren't included. Well that wasn't good enough for him, he wasn't leaving till he got the tax back. I (being the FES at the time) told him either pay the tax or I cancel the order. He continues raving and I cancel the order. He storms out of course.

"Long Lines"
    I'm in the Booth getting till ready to be put up in the safe for the night. I need to get done soon as I'm suppose to start the pickup at the registers in the next 15 minutes so I will finish on time and leave at my scheduled time (now that they cut FES hours I have to get done earlier then I use to). It's been slow for quite a while and one of my backup is already on the front hanging out with nothing to do and can open at any time, so I don't worry about the line getting long anytime soon. Out of no where a customer approches me as I'm adding something up on the calculator.

SC: Excuse me, can you open up another line.
    Me: (looks at the line seeing no more than 2 baskets that are $100 at the most behind the person checking out. Not that long and definately doesn't cal for another register being open) Well the line isn't that long, sir.
    SC: (gives me THE look. You know?) OK. (starts to walk back to his basket, but turns around) What's your name.
    Me: (I point proudly at my name tag) SG15Z.
    SC: Thank you.
    Me:

I'll probably here about this again from management but I would have refused even if the line was long, because I don't care anymore. Corporate keeps cutting hours even FES hours giving us very little time to get things done. So I say if they want to keep cutting FES and Cashier hours then bitch at me because I have Overtime because I can't get things done when I'm constantly opening up late at night then I ain't opening up. I say let the customers bitch to corporate about not enough lanes being open then when they tell me to open up I'll tell them they need to choose. Long lines or me getting OT, or how about giving us more people at night so we don't have to choose outta the first two.

I hate Krogers sometimes....
Working...
X