This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scammer

Guest: so what is your best rate on this property?

Me: at the last minute discount, I can give you 20% off

Guest: thats not sufficient

Me: thats my best rate

Guest: well your competitor is offering 30

Me: yes and there rates are a lot higher than ours

Guest: well maybe we will wait and come in Friday since we dont get in until real late....whats your rate for three nights arriving Friday?

(I tell him)

Guest: can I have that same rate if I arrive Thursday?

Me: no sir

Guest: but I am not arriving until after 10 pm and I am still expected to pay for that night

Me: well I can give you Thursday night but you will pay the full rate for three nights

Guest: I cant have the discount too?

Me: No sir

Guest: why not?

Me: because I am already offering you 4 nights for the price of 3

Guest: but if there is a discount, I should benefit from that

Me: you got a discount

Guest: yes but only off the 4 night rate?

Me: well you are staying 4 nights

Guest: yea so that ends up being the same discount I would have gotten anyway. I dont want just the same discount you would give anyone. I am asking you to negotiate a little bit

Me: I am not giving you 4 nights for the price of 3 plus an additonal discount

Guest: so you would rather it sit empty?

Me: yes sir

Guest: well then I guess it will. May I speak to your manager?

He told my manager he felt "insulted" and didnt think I knew what I was talking about. Argggg.....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us all that the spineless manager didn't cave in to this SC.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Ditto what LL said. I mean, surely you had a manager with a backbone at some point during your tenure there. Right? RIGHT?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

He should have taken the first discount, he would have ended paying less.
        But then, if he took the second discount, it was like a 25% discount, which is more than the discount "everyone else" gets.

Refusing both ? Congratulations, sir, you are a loser. Also, an asshole.
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post

Guest: but I am not arriving until after 10 pm and I am still expected to pay for that night
          This always floors me. a hospitality "day" runs from, say 2-4 pm to what, 10-noon ? Just how does coming in at 10 pm rate a discount? If you check in at 6 am and sleep till 11 for a noon check-out, that I could see (because face it, by the hour mattresses are not to be thought of ick). At this point, a 10 pm check in means you can get at least 50% of your value. Your inability to plan does not encourage others to accommodate.

Comment

Working...
          X