This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C*** A*****'s Mom (some language)

This is my first post - yay! This is my favoritest story to tell. (This is copied from a blog of mine, so it doesn't conform to the usual script-like posts that others usually do on here.)
    -----------------------------------------

While working as a server/bartender at a bar & grill, during one lunch shift during the week last year:

Guess who I served lunch to? None other than C*** A*****’s (celebrity from NC) mother! And I messed up her order too – yay!

I knew it was Ms. A***** because the other servers had pointed her out to me before. She is an older lady who, despite her attractiveness, wears too much makeup. She was joined by another older lady and an older gentleman. I use the term “gentleman” loosely – the guy was a total dickwad douche. Let’s call him Dick for short.

When I took everyone’s order, Dick explained that he wanted 2 hot dogs – but what did Carolina style mean? I told him it meant the dogs were topped with cheese, chili, onions, and cole slaw (“slaw” to Southerners – or, rather, “slah”). He said he’d prefer to have mustard, chili, and onions on the hot dogs.

“Okay,” I said, used to people customizing their orders, “we can do that for you.”

After placing their order in the computer, I brought a few mustard packets over to the table. Because our food usually doesn’t come with the common condiments, ketchup bottles are always supplied on the table and mustard is brought only if someone requests it. He looked at the packets as I set them on the table and said – I swear to God -, “Could you ask the cook to spread this mustard on the toasted buns before he puts the hot dogs on them. You know, so I don’t have to do it at the table?”

What? Um, okay…. Let us consider these few points:

1) We always supply people with the appropriate equipment required to spread condiments – i.e. a knife.
    2) Last time I checked this wasn’t a four-star restaurant. I’m dressed in dirty blue jeans with splotches of spilled beer. There is a corner of the bar that smells like vomit.
    3) Have you met the cook? I get scared simply asking for a thimble-size amount of Ranch dressing for another table.

So I put on my brave face and entered the kitchen to tell the cook about the special request.

“He WHAT?”
    “Um, he wants you to put mustard on the buns so he doesn’t have to.”
    Normally a man never at loss for words, Cook just stared at me with his mouth open.

“Yeah,” I said, always glad for a moment when it’s Cook & Me vs SC. It’s a much more pleasant state than Cook vs Me. “I think he wants you to lick his balls, too.”
    Ah, I’m so damn witty.

When the food for the table was I ready, I carried all three plates out to set down at the same time. Mama A***** looked down at her plate confused. What now? She had ordered the Fried Shrimp; I had accidentally brought her the smaller appetizer version instead of the dinner plate like she wanted. Whatever – my bad. An easy fix. She’s wasn’t hateful about it, just icy.

Meanwhile, Dick grew more and more agitated as he glared down at his food. His ugly face crumpled up into complete disgust. He bordered on completing freaking out. “Why are there beans on my hotdog!?” he spat at me.

“Well, sir, you said you wanted mustard, onions, and chili..”

“But WHY are there beans in the chili? Who puts beans in chili on a hot dog!?”

I apologized and offered to have the hot dogs remade. He refused, huffing and puffing. Now that was what an Adult Tantrum looks like.

“Well, would you like to order something else from the menu?”

“No, frankly I’m SCARED to order anything else!” After thinking for a moment, he barked, “Just give me a plain hamburger. You DON’T put beans on a hamburger, DO YOU?”

All right, old man, fucking bite me.

Have you ever seen a wrestling match where one opponent is paralyzed to defend himself and so gets plummeted with blow after blow? There is really only one option after that, tag your teammate to take over. I was sooo out of there.

Ms. A******* and her female companion kept still during this commotion, neither joining his tirade nor apologizing for his ridiculous behavior. Their faces did not express any sort of reaction. Perhaps they were used to his attitude, perhaps it was botox.

And who exactly was Dick? C****’s father? Uncle? I guess I’ll never know.
    Last edited by Cordiform; 08-15-2008, 12:19 PM. Reason: clarification

We had a bit of a confab about this post and decided to edit the name of the people involved out. It's not too much of a stretch for the person involved to try and locate themselves on a web search and find the tale. We do suggest that people try to cover their tracks on most cases, and it appears that the customer in question was a regular at the place in question.

Member safety, folks. Some chances are reasonable, but we figured better safe than sorry.

Rapscallion

Comment

While he was obviously an asshole, I do have to give him one point...

Usually, chili that is used as a topping (such as... on chili dogs), doesn't have beans. Just meat and sauce. It's "Traditional Chili" that is usually (and to be honest... should be) used.

Not saying he didn't overreact, just saying I can see where it could be a problem. Especially since there's no way to separate the beans from the chili... it -would- be nice to know, since you can't really make special orders on chili, since it's cooked by the pot, not by order. I wouldn't want beans on my chili dog either... though I do like *SOME* in just a regular bowl of chili (though, to be honest, EVERYONE... without exception, uses WAY, WAY, WAY too many beans).

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, it's just that chili is one of thoise dishes that has become a complete disaster compared to what it should be.

Chili now adays is just some BS soup concoction of meat, tomato sauce, beans, and maybe veggies... it's suppose to be a STEW. Yes, there is some lead-way in a stew, but that doesn't mean you should completely screw it up... which the vast majority of people (and especially restaurants) do. (Go to a chili cook-off sometime, you'll see what I mean).

Anyway... where was I... oh yeah, that guy is STILL a complete jerk... if he was that picky about chili (like I am), he should have asked what was in it (which I always do... I've run into a chili before that had mushrooms... *ICK*)
      Last edited by Lingering Grin; 08-15-2008, 10:29 AM.
      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
        Usually, chili that is used as a topping (such ass... on chili dogs), doesn't have beans. Just meat and sauce. It's "Traditional Chili" that is usually (and to be honest... should be) used.
        Probably a regional variation. Mind you, I agree on the too many beans.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Probably a regional variation. Mind you, I agree on the too many beans.

Rapscallion
          I go based off of New-England style chili dogs for my exmaple, since that's the traditional chili dog... and they used traditional chili, which was developed in the New Mexico/Texas region.

Comment

Raps, you might want to edit this again--the name's still on there.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
              Raps, you might want to edit this again--the name's still on there.
              Cheers! Let me know if there's anything else I missed?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                I go based off of New-England style chili dogs for my exmaple, since that's the traditional chili dog... and they used traditional chili, which was developed in the New Mexico/Texas region.
                Chili is a Tejano dish, it is not part of Hispano cooking at all. And whether or not to add beans is a big controversy among chili purists.

In Tejano homes, pintos are often cooked separately from the chili, and served in a bowl alongside, so people can add however many beans they want. Also, masa is often added to thicken it up, which many chili purists consider sacreligious, unaware that it's been done in Tejano homes in the San Antonio area for a hundred years.

Chili is not a part of Hispano cooking at all. To get chili con carne in most of New Mexico, you have to specifically find a Tex-Mex restaurant that serves it. New Mexican cooks serve Green Chile Stew instead.
                Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                  Chili is not a part of Hispano cooking at all.
                  Never said it was.....

Chili is a Tejano dish, it is not part of Hispano cooking at all.... snipe

I DID Say New Mexico/ Texas... I didn't say spniash (or "hispano", or even "Mexican"...whatever word you want to use...)

I know it was made in the U.S... and I know what the original meat that was used it in was (and no... it wasn't beef ). I Just wasn't sure if it was made in Texas or New Mexico... I know it was that area... it's the same area that TexMex comes from... and chili is DEFINITELY TexMex...

Comment

I'm sorry, let me clarify.

'Tejano' is the word Texas Hispanics use to describe themselves and their culture.

'Hispano' is the word New Mexican Hispanics use to describe themselves and their culture.

They are two very different cultures with extremely different cuisines.

Most people who are not from the area think they are interchangeable, but they are not. Tex-Mex cooking is Tejano cooking, and is rarely eaten by Hispanos. Oh and the traidtional meat in chili is beef, as San Antonio (the epicenter of Tejano culture) has historically been a cattle town.

That's all I was trying to say.
                    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

I bet these tard didn't tip either. Too bad his head is so far up his own rear end that he doesn't realize that he's screwing himself out of good service when he goes out to eat.

Comment

Oh and the traidtional meat in chili is beef, as San Antonio (the epicenter of Tejano culture) has historically been a cattle town.

Wrong

It's a common (and the most common) misconception...

It's one of those, "if peple think it's true, then it is" things... lol

Chili was developed by people living in the middle of nowhere, especially from cattle. Well, they might have had access to SOME cattle, but if they used it, they would have been executed since "cattle rustling" was a capital offense back than.

The original meat actually WAS rattlesnake... which makes "Rattlesnake Chili" kinda weird and redundant.
                        Last edited by Lingering Grin; 08-15-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Um, lingering grin, have you ever been around cowboys, or eaten real 'driver' chili?

I come from a whole family of 'em.

San Antonio used to be the center of the cattle industry. The 'original' driver chili (drivers were the cowboys who drove the cattle long distances through the wilderness from one ranch to another) was dried beef, suet, dried chiles (usually chilepiquenes), and salt, which were pounded together and left to dry into bricks, which could then be boiled in pots on the trail with a little water to make a hearty stew.

When the bricks ran out, the cooks would resort to rattlesnakes, buffalo, or other things the drivers could catch. But beef was the cheapest and most plentiful ingredient in old San Antonio, so that's why it was traditionally used when making the bricks.

Anyway, the history of the dish is full of conjecture and folklore. All I know is what my relatives taught me about it, and what I ate as a child on long wilderness rides.
                          Last edited by ThePhoneGoddess; 08-15-2008, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Um, lingering grin, have you ever been around cowboys, or eaten real 'driver' chili?

I come from a whole family of 'em.
                            Ok

I'm not gonna argue with 'written history'

P.S. yes

Comment

New Mexican cooks serve Green Chile Stew instead.
                              Mmmmm....green chile stew. Dammit, now I'm all hungry (the CSF learning center receptionist makes the best chile stew ever, I used to be the only one brave enough to have it for breakfast)
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X