Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you guys ever had people chase you downthe hallway to the bathroom? I put my sign one day and proceeded to the bathroom,well here she came. Well how long are you going to be,I need this and that.And I've had people start trying to break the door down as soon as they see me come back into the store. the kicker is they usually look around for 5-10 mins but you know they said they were in a hurry.

Comment

When I was the office manager for a rehab clinic, my boss called me into his office and complained that I was taking too long of a bathroom break.

Made me . First, what was he doing timing my bathroom visits??? Second, without going into detail, I recently had an operation around that immediate area that caused me to have to spend a longer time, which was frankly none of his business.

I just told him flat out that it takes me as long as it takes me, and left. That, and a number of other factors, caused me to quit that job.

Comment

The bathroom break I reference in the first post was actually a number 2.

I point this out because in most cases if I just have to take a piss, I don't bother locking up because a) it doesn't take me very long to do it b) I can hear the door chime in the bathroom anyway.

However, when it's more than just a piss, a little more time and effort involved, though certainly no longer than 2 minutes.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

When you gotta go then you gotta go. PLUS it's awfully difficult to concentrate on your job when you either gotta piss like a race horse or take a big dump...lol. I can't do my job properly if I'm doing the "peepee" or "poopoo" dance.

Comment

"Very well sir, can I have your name, your bosses' names, and the address of your company's legal department so I know where to send the medical bills to for the urinary tract infection/bowel blockage you so desperately wish me to have?"
            Last edited by Mike Taylor; 08-13-2008, 11:22 PM.
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
              SC: How DARE you talk to me like that! You better watch your mouth kid, I know a lot of powerful people, I could get this place shut down in a week.
              "Bummer. It might take me... as much as a week to find another part-time minimum wage job*. What will I do in the meantime?"

* OK, I'm making possibly unwarranted assumptions. Still...

Comment

SC: Your boss will be hearing about this, you should really take some customer service classes. If I treated people as poorly as you do, I would NEVER have gotten a job like this.
                Good thing I wasn't you, my reaction would have been.

"So how did you get your job? Begging?"

>_>

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                  The perfect professionnal response would be : "[Store name] is very concerned with the health and well-being of their employees, therefore employees are entitled to heed to Nature's call as they see fit, while ensuring the safety of the store."

But the response they'd get from me would most likely be : "If I have to take a leak, I have to take a leak. Whether I take it in the bathroom or on your feet is up to you."
                  My own response would have been to tell him to find the door. QUICKLY. And
                  WITHOUT whatever damned thing he just HAD to have right that second.

Comment

it takes me as long as it takes me
                    ... I'm reminded of one of the guys from my shop. He's lactose intolerant, so when he's having a really bad day he'll eat ice cream on purpose just for a legitimate excuse to be out of the shop for a good half hour or so

back on topic... that SC was jsut stupid. The human body DOES reach a point where it just can't hold on to the pee any longer. Then it's "clean up on aisle 5!"

Comment

Of all the different responses I could think of to tell that customer... many of which are a bit rude and crude... I've decided probably the most tactful way of making a point to that selfish, corporate entitlement whore.

First, I'd pause and not say anything..maybe a "hmm" or two.. if he asked me why I'm not responding, then I'd respond with:

"Hmm, I find this both shocking and amusing."

Hopefully he'll fall into the trap and say "What's that?" then I'd hit him with

"As you are a CEO of such a large company and are responsible for adhering to Federal labor laws, I'm shocked and amused by your lack of intelligence. Upper management will be informed regarding this incident. Here's your merchandise. Have a nice day."
                      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

OMG! You have met some of my customers!
                        Nothing pisses them off more than an employee going to the bathroom/break/home.

I feel for you. That guy was a huge jerk and I agree with everyone else. He does not do customer service.

Comment

dont you know, we can not have bathroom breaks, or lunch, and we cant go home till an hour after closing, even if you open the store.

i really hate people like that, im lucky most of the people that have been coming in lately have been pretty understanding about break issues.
                          "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

I am shocked that customer would say that to you! Do they think CS are robots?

When I'm on the plane I will go to the loo when I want. I even skip the queue by saying I need to do a security check
                            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                              Did you ever notice at the gas station that your bowels had the power to bring in customers from a three county radius? Could they sense when you had to go? They sure as hell could at the hotel. You could literally go for upwards of four hours without a single guest or phone call, but the moment your ass hit the pot, a *expletive* tour bus would pull up and the switchboard would start blinking like a Christmas tree with a short in the wire.
                              Happens to me at work.

I do paperwork, every single moron needs to be cashed out quickly to catch the bus. The minute I'm not doing anything, nobody needs even help in trying to play 20 questions with me for some obscure publisher nobody has heard about.

Quoth Darken Spiritz View Post
                              Good thing I wasn't you, my reaction would have been.

"So how did you get your job? Begging?"

>_>
                              More like bending over and.....

Comment

SC: That's an awfully selfish attitude. I'm a Regional sales manager for DEF corporation and I would never make a customer wait needlessly.
                                Yeah, and I bet he's the same type of micromanaging asshole who bitches about how the wrong cover sheets were on his TPS reports
                                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                                X