This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sc gets both barrels *Long and language*

Sorry that it's so long i just needed to unload, also please excuse the spelling. I need to think about what i'm doing but i'm still seething over the attitude i got

Now i'm not normally a shouty person, not in the argumentative sence. I've had a pretty much sucky week. Monday, we lost a client to cancer. He was a lovely bloke but i think it hit me pretty hard and the abcess under a wisdom tooth is driveing me insane. Now my boss knew this and being the cool guy he is gave me a failey easy job with very little people interaction.
    I was sent to the local golf course with a Tractor and boom mowers, that give about a 20 foot cut when their down.

So there i am, just finished for the day, heaading up the fairway (well off to one side) when boom a golf ball bounces off my front window, cracking it in the process, and lands about ten foot ahead of me. That pissed me off to start with as it involves about 3 forms to fill in when i got back. Still heading back up the fairway, i twitched the wheel ever so slightly the the front tire ran over his ball sinking it into the ground, that i figured was my revenge over with.
    As i got closer to where the ball was tee'd off from theres a bloke stood there waveing me down, i figured he was going to apologuise so i stopped and got out.

Sucky golfer1: Numpty that waved me down
    Sucker golfer2: Small sheepish fellow
    Me: .......me.

So it begins.............

SG1: What the flying f**k do you think your doing. DO you realise how expensive balls are.......
    me: i.....
    *strike one - he interupts me*
    SG1: ......No of course you dont. I wouldnt expect somone driveing a tractor for a liveing HAS membership here
    *strike two - He assumes he's better then me, because ive found a job i love and wouldnt do owt else*
    Me: yo...
    Sg1: HOW dare you run over the ball of one of the PAYING members like that!!!! I DEMAND you get down there and fetch that ball!!!!!!
    Me: I..
    Sg1: NOW and i might let you keep your job

*strike 3 - you assume you have the athority over me to order me about*

Me: *shouting* Listen you jumped up little tw*t. Dont you f**king dare raise your voice at me i am not one of your f**king lackys.
    Sg1: how dar..
    Me: How dare I? Firstly you f**ing hit at ball at MY tractor then YOU get in my face about it. Are you going to pay for a replacement no, so shut the f**K up.
    Sg1: Well I didnt see you
    Me: You didnt see me!? You wanna get to specsavers then mate It's painted BRIGHT F**KING ORANGE!
    Sg1:well you clearly shouldnt have been there!
    Me: I'm cutting your bloody fairway and i know for a f**king FACT that it says in your charter that you DONT take a bloody shot while theres traffic on the fairway!
    Sg1:*looking worried that i know the charter*Ah...well i didnt hit the ball
    Me:...................Excuse me?!
    Sg1: it's not my ball....
    Me:.................................
    Sg1 then points to his sheepish looking friend
    Me: thats your ball?
    Sg2: ......yes
    Sg1 stands there with a smug grin on his face. i swear it took every ounce of will not to whipe the floor with him
    Me: You wanna get the hell away from me or i'm going to wrap that club round your head...
    Smug grin vanishs and he edges away slowly
    i turn to sg2 and he's looking petrefied. At 6ft3, 16 odd stone i know i can be imposeing but i really dislike my size i'm uncomfortable with i i hate useing it to my advantage over people, that calms me down.
    Me: *big sigh* i apologuise for that it was unnessacery
    Sg2 looking cautious: bad day huh?
    Me: You have no idea
    Sg2: i'm really sorry about the window. Can i pay for it to be replaced?
    Me: You need to take that up with the chairman as the club will be billed for a replacement.
    Sg2:Riight.......thank you......i err want to apologuise for dave *pointing at sc1* he's...err......yeah sorry.
    Me: no worrys.
    So i climb back up and take the 15 mins drive back to the yard and when i get there my boss is waiting.

Boss:Can i have a word in the office please titchyboy
    Me:.....sure
    Boss: We've had a complaint about you from a dave smith at the golf course, Could you tell me why that is please

So i explain the situation and what happend and why i blew up at him like i did.

Boss: Ah right well it does seem like he was a tw*t yes, but in future i would like for you not to act that way in front of clients is that understood?
    Me: yes boss.
    Boss: Now i'm afraid that following procedure i must discipline you.
    Me: But i....
    Boss: Dont you dare interupt me!
    Me: Sorry
    Boss then points his finger and me and wags it "your a very very naughty boy, dont let it happen again
    Me: yes sir.
    Boss: now go away
    Me grinning: Boss?
    Boss: yes?
    Me: DOes this mean you dont love me no more ?
    Boss: get the f**k outta my office

Now i know that things couldve been allot worse and i shouldnt of blown up like i did but i just snapped.
    I'm just thankfull that all numpty did was complain to management.
    All of these things the worker has done
    From tilling the fields to carrying the gun
    We've been yoked to the plough since time first began
    And always expected to carry the can.

Oh my word. I used to work near two golf courses in Leeds. It's quite possible I've met the bastards who gave you that attitude.

Reminds me of the time when a golfer came in wearing full attire - plus-fours and the works. "Don't you have any fennel?" We'd never seen any save for special order at the wholesale market, though it's more common now. "It's a very common vegetable, you know..."

Considering it was the first time we'd been asked for it in the five years we'd been open, no it wasn't.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Titchyboy View Post
      I love you. Seriously, dude. I say the same thing to my boss when she does stuff like that to me.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Brilliant. You really must have felt much better after finally letting one of em have what he deserved. The nerve! Tch.
        And I love your boss.
        "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

You probably should have handled it better, but that guy was a real assh-le.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. You handled it perfectly well. If it was me, I probably would have ended up trying to knock him out.

I kind of sympathize with you, though. Here in Scottsdale, you get a lot of those types of people, specifically rich uptight pr*cks with nothing better to do than give mall employees a hard time and play golf all day.
          Last edited by Mordecai; 08-15-2008, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Reminds me of the time when a golfer came in wearing full attire - plus-fours and the works. "Don't you have any fennel?" We'd never seen any save for special order at the wholesale market, though it's more common now. "It's a very common vegetable, you know..."
            He was asking for bulbs, not seeds, right? Seeds happen to be a staple ingredient at my house.

Comment

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
              Brilliant. You really must have felt much better after finally letting one of em have what he deserved. The nerve! Tch.
              And I love your boss.
              It felt soooooooooooooo good but then driveing back i kinda thought about what id said and was a lil worried if it'd go anywhere

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                I love you. Seriously, dude. I say the same thing to my boss when she does stuff like that to me.
                hehe does your boss get that look where there not sure weather to laugh or shout at you too ?

Comment

Wow...I mean...just wow. All that bile and swearing and it wasn't even his ball? My faith in humanity continues to slip.
                  Some people are like slinkies,
                  They don't really serve a purpose,
                  But they still bring a smile to your face
                  When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, you get what you give.

Therefore, while some may think you were out of line, that guy had it coming. I would be very hard-pressed to not unload in a similar manner if some sawed-off prick decided to order me around like his manservant and swear at me.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think you handled yourself perfectly, and your boss is an absolute GEM! I can see why you like what you do, despite the occasional asshat.
                      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I'm going to go with your SECOND reaction here and say that you shouldn't have done that. Take the high road, it works so much better:

SG1: blah blah blah
                        You: Are you done?
                        SG1: Yes, now GET MY BALL
                        You: Are you aware that your charter clearly states that you are not to take a shot when there is traffic on the fairway?
                        SG1: I didn't see you.
                        You: This mower is two-storeys tall and bright orange. Perhaps another member is an optrician?
                        SG1: How dare you!
                        You: Sir, I'm going to need to get your contact information for my write-up regarding the window you broke.

etc.

Stay calm, stay professional, remind them him constantly that it's his fault.
                        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Boss: Now i'm afraid that following procedure i must discipline you.
                          Me: But i....
                          Boss: Dont you dare interupt me!
                          Me: Sorry
                          Boss then points his finger and me and wags it "your a very very naughty boy, dont let it happen again
                          I woke up everyone in the house with my laughter when I read that. Can I have a tissue sample of your boss so I can clone him?

M
                          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                            Take the high road, it works so much better
                            While yes, that's the best thing to do, it's not always second nature to us mere mortals.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Your boss rules!
                              Quoth Mordecai View Post
                              I kind of sympathize with you, though. Here in Scottsdale, you get a lot of those types of people, specifically rich uptight pr*cks with nothing better to do than give mall employees a hard time and play golf all day.
                              Scottsdale, Arizona? Oy. You have this former Zonie's sympathies.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X