This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counselling advise, kinda

My (soon to be ex?) employer has kept trying to get me to talk to (freely provided) counselling for reasons I cannot fathom. I have physical disabilities and depression that’s handled with medication, i.e. chemically induced and controlled; if anything, visiting a counsellor would make me feel worse due to the physical effort required to make the trip. Unless talking to them is going to change my physical or chemical state, I don’t see the point - am I missing something, or are they basically trying a CYA move?

(Since I wrote the above I have had some further thoughts and may end up pursuing it anyway, but the questions still intrigue me.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

As you said it was "chemically induced and controlled", I am assuming that you are not getting any form of counseling/therapy from your medical providers.

I could see taking the time to meet with them once. Basically to ask them the question of what they can do for someone with your condition. You may also want to ask the question to your medical provider.

You're they only one who can answer the question "is the physical stress worth it?"
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
    X