Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I said my work was back breaking, I didn't mean Literally!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I said my work was back breaking, I didn't mean Literally!

So I had my last week of annual vacation for this year last week. I woke up with severe back pain my third morning in, took some OTC pain relief and figured it was just normal spasms. It didn't get any better after a couple days, so I broke down and went to see the doctor. After a bunch of scans, it turns out that I have developed Spondyolysis, which is stress fractures in the lower lumbar verterbrae. Another week off work, physiotherapy and some good drugs. Should be good to go back next week but it'll sure restrict some of my duties (thank goodness for apprentices to make do some of the harder physical things while I heal). The best part? It's caused by the physical nature of my job - so work literally broke my back!

Oh, I'm sorry though! I had a slipped disc and was afraid I broke it. No X-rays so I don't know for sure. Anyway, my friend got me a TENS unit and it helped somewhat.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I have a prescription for a TENS machine, just have to get it ordered in. Waiting until payday next week though, cause even with benefits, it's a pricy thing. Had my first physio appointment this morning and I know it's supposed to help, but I hurt now. It was very painful to drive home after, cursed standard truck. (I love my standard normally but today not so much.)

Comment

If you don't hate your physical therapist, they are probably not doing their job.

May you have a speedy recovery.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Ahh, Physical Therapists, I remember them well. Some of the kindest, sweetest, utter BASTARDS you ever wanted to meet.

Keep with the program, whatever it be, so you can be done with the pain part of things... unless you're into that kinda thing...

Comment

Working...
          X