X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth iradney View Post
    *drools on her pillow, accidentally kicks crazylegs*
    Uh...is there something the two of you want to share with the rest of us???

I subscribed to the thread so it lets me know when there's new posts. Saves time that way

As for yesterday's advice:
    Frankly, I think if she waits until after they're engaged he might feel that she was hiding things until after she was sure she had "hooked" him...She was molested as a kid and something like that could affect their relationship, married or not, and both should go into it with open eyes and all cards on the table...but that's just my opinion. (Besides, why would an engagement ring stop the guy from kicking her brother's ass, if that's what he's gonna do...?)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Uh...is there something the two of you want to share with the rest of us???
      I was suprised as everyone else!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• I told my guy right up front that I didn't have a good childhood and it made things stronger between us. I don't think the same could have been said if I had waited or not said anything until something happened.

Comment

• I saw that letter and also thought WTF. She needs to replaced badly.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

• Quoth crazylegs View Post
            I was suprised as everyone else!
            What, he was on my side of the room! Plus, he's tall, he sprawls without trying
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Quoth iradney View Post
              What, he was on my side of the room! Plus, he's tall, he sprawls without trying
              And how would you know that I sprawl?
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• Well, I just read through all 18 pages of this thread. (Took a little under an hour) I'd been putting it off for some time, but I finally sucked it up and did it.

Not only that, but here's my letter to Abby:

Dear Abby,

In response to your advice for Nicki in Maryland (March 23rd), I was very disappointed in your reply.

Nicki has every right to ask people not to touch her or invade her personal space. Just because she works in the retail industry is no reason for her to put up with unwanted advances for the sake of her employer's profits.

Retail workers have it hard enough as it is, without role models like you telling people to treat them as second class citizens.

It may not seem like it, but life is very, very different on the other side of the counter. Perhaps you should stand behind it yourself before giving advice to people who do.

- Lowly Retail Employee
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

• I'm starting to get really irked at Abby over her last few days like to the parents of the pregnant 16 year old. I had a friend commit suicide after her parents forced her to give up her child. I understand that it will be mucho tought for her but how can they know in 9 months time if she is mentally able or not to be a teenage Mom who makes it.

Comment

• I read that one too. Really pissed me off. Abby is walking a fine line and she doesn't even see it.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Wow, how did I miss that one?! To be fair, the letter writer doesn't say whether the daughter was involved in the decision to give up the baby, or if she is indeed being forced to do so (though she does kinda give the impression that it is not her up to her).

It does bother me that Abby assumes that the girl and her partner didn't use birth control (though at least she acknowledges that there was indeed a guy involved in this as well). I know that teens tend to be less likely to use birth control but no birth control is 100% and the letter says nothing about that particular bit. They may have used something; we don't know.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth Aethian View Post
                        I'm starting to get really irked at Abby over her last few days like to the parents of the pregnant 16 year old. I had a friend commit suicide after her parents forced her to give up her child. I understand that it will be mucho tought for her but how can they know in 9 months time if she is mentally able or not to be a teenage Mom who makes it.
                        I do believe that at 16, the girl's permission is required to make her give up the baby.

Comment

• I believe that is only in certain states. In Michigan 16 is the cut off for stat. rape. *sighs* Anyone remember where they from?

Comment

• It doesn't say; it just says "out west". That could be anywhere.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Abby is being a bitch now days.
                              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

• She's been a bitch since the REAL Dear Abby died and her vapid daughter took over. Dan Savage agrees- he owns the original Dear Abby's newsroom desk and types his column there, and greatly respected her. The daughter? Not so much.

And by the way, if the pregnant 16-year-old DIDN'T use birth control, who do you think didn't teach her about it and make it available to her? I think the parents' disappointment is very misplaced.
                                My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Working...
                                X