This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw the new "The Lion King"

From what I've seen of the reviews, they're very mixed.

Personally, I enjoyed it. If for no other reason than the stellar CGI.

Though it is heavily based on the original, with few changes from the original script (from what I understand), I think it's unfair to compare it to the original.

I say, go see it and judge for yourself.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I saw it today knowing that there were going to be some changes and that I may or may not like it -- and that I would need a handful of tissues going in (my first tears were during the opening). While I did enjoy it, I prefer the original but I'd see it again if anyone else I know wants to see it.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I simply fail to see the point of all the remakes and reboots and so on lately. Apparently, there's no such thing as creativity in Hollywood any more.

IMO, this remake was unnecessary. They got it right the first time! (I still choke up even thinking about baby Simba trying to wake Daddy after the stampede. (sniffle))
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
        I simply fail to see the point of all the remakes and reboots and so on lately. Apparently, there's no such thing as creativity in Hollywood any more.

*snip*
        Seems to have been the case for quite some time now, sez Cynical Me.

One of many reasons why I never bothered to replace my television set.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

IMHO, Disney seriously needs to calm their tits with the live action remakes....way too many way too fast.

Comment

Just stay at home and watch an Animal Planet special about Africa with the sound muted while playing the Lion King soundtrack, it's the same deal.

Comment

I didn't see the point personally. I find it way too hard to tell the lions apart

And half the fun was how cartoony everything was
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Saw it. Hated it. The original is one of my favorite movies of all time and this one just felt...off. Although I did like how scary they made the hyenas and that they gave Nala a little more to do.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                X