Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If only, IF ONLY there was some kind of alternative ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the litter goes into one of those step-on-pedal-raises-the-lid trash can, which is fine. But for the trash man to take it away, it still must be double bagged. I'm not going to argue with the guys that pick up my garbage. single use bags of some sort will have to be purchased, when now they're free.

Comment

I use Chicobags, and love them. Sturdy nylon/whatever bags that (for the shopping-size bags) stuff into an interior pocket, ending up about half the size of my fist. They have a variety of colors, styles and sizes too, from a little one whose storage form can go on a keychain, up to a picnic bag that stuffs into a roughly-flat square. My oldest is most of 5 years old, and looks a little shabby (then again, it's olive green -- the newer ones are brighter) but is still entirely usable..

Comment

My boss has decided that plastic is evil. Even though our business would not be affected by the bag ban, he is determined to use something else. From where I sit, the system in the works looks like the gift box scene from "Love, Actually," but, not my circus, not my monkeys.

Comment

Well, paper has its own environmental liabilities (water use/fouling in its manufacture, plus it's not actually all that biodegradable), but right now, plastic does seem to be causing more serious and widely distributed problems.

Comment

I would love to have one of the automatic litterboxes. We even borrowed one for a couple months.

My cats are TERRIFIED of it. Ever seen a long furred cat ZOOM away from the litterbox, a string of poop waving like a stinky brown banner from his rear? We ended up giving it back to the friend who had loaned it to us. (It had been a trial run, and if they'd taken to it, we'd have bought it.)

Comment

Quoth Dragon_Dreamer View Post
              I would love to have one of the automatic litterboxes. We even borrowed one for a couple months.

My cats are TERRIFIED of it. Ever seen a long furred cat ZOOM away from the litterbox, a string of poop waving like a stinky brown banner from his rear? We ended up giving it back to the friend who had loaned it to us. (It had been a trial run, and if they'd taken to it, we'd have bought it.)

Okay, I know it wasn't funny to the cat, but ...

Yeah, I'll have to see if I can borrow one before I go and blow all that cash on it. Especially given my various cats' tendencies, down through the decades, to reject what I've just spent money on in preference for "the simple life" (the stereotypical cardboard box over the $25 bed I just bought ...)
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Ask your vet for advice on introducing your cat to the new gizmo. There are routines and techniques for that sort of thing.

Comment

We did, and tried everything. These two are legitimately scared of their own shadows. They were found as feral kittens when they were about 3 months old, and apparently had been terrorized by neighborhood kids. 8 years later, they still barely tolerate human presence.

Comment

I remember when they started using the plastic bags. They were saying that it was to save the rainforests. Weird
                    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X